Monday, April 20, 2020

Psycho Neighbor Gets Frozen Out Of Apartment


The landlord should've thrown in a heads up about this neighbor. But alas, it could've been worse. Could've been like that one landlord who admitted to being a criminally dumb criminal, to a tenant.

Anyways, in this case, the rent seeming like it was too good to be true, was in fact, too good to be true. You see, there was no disclosure that the apartment being rented would also be shared with a loudmouthed, rude, obnoxiously toxic, neighbor. The kind that fills the air with negative chaos, and generally infects their surroundings with unease. Fortunately, a pro revenge was hatched, and successfully pulled off. The psycho neighbor literally got frozen out of the apartment. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge + JOIN u/YouMightKnowMeMate • 5h 1 1 I froze my psycho neighbor out of her apartment In college, my two friends and I decided to find a place together off-campus. We found a beautiful three- bedroom house with surprisingly affordable rent. The basement of the house was listed as a separate apartment, but as it had a separate entrance and the indoor stairwell had been blocked off, we weren't worried. And the thermostat was upstairs.

2.

Text - Then the demon neighbor moved in. From upstairs, we could hear everything. This adult woman would call her mother and scream at her to pay for her cellphone bills and give her "grocery" money (aka Taco Bell and cheap tequila), she would scream at whatever guy she was sleeping with to bring her meth, and one day, she brought home three puppies to scream at, too. We were terrified of this woman, and the noise was hell. Also, we'd been idiotic enough to sign a lease stating we were responsib

3.

Text - We contacted the landlord, because we'd signed for a bloody non-smoking apartment. He told us we lived in a state where you could technically call an apartment non-smoking even if it shared ventilation with a smoking apartment. (Fuck you, leasing laws). At this point, my two roommates were heading out for a two-week vacation (they were online students, while I was residential), leaving me alone in the apartment with the demon smoker in the basement. I couldn't sleep or eat, because my idi

4.

Text - After three days, I was a little insane. I made a plan. I checked the forecast: lows in the 20s all week. I borrowed a friend's ultra-insulated sleeping bag. I bought one of those ski masks with the holes for your eyes and mouth. I got out my stocking cap, my silk long underwear, my woolen socks, and my down parka. I bought tea, hot cocoa, and ramen, and prepared to live off a diet of hot liquids.

5.

Text - And I turned off the fucking heat. Day 1: She's screaming at her mother for forcing her to move into this frozen shit-hole of an apartment. Day 2: She's screaming at her boyfriend (meth-dealer?) because he won't let her move in with him. Day 3: She's screaming at the landlord about how she's fucking freezing.

6.

Text - Day 4: The landlord is at my door. I greet him in full ski mask/parka/stocking cap array, looking like l'm heading out to rob Santa Claus at the North Pole. He asks me if I don't find it a little chilly in the house. I reply l'd found all the cigarette smoke a little warm. Day 5: She's screaming about "THE BITCHES UPSTAIRS" to anyone who will listen, and l'm sitting upstairs clutching my car keys and my pepper spray with 911 typed into my phone. She finally decides she's fucking leaving a

7.

Text - Day 6: She's GONE. I silently bless Greg. Moral of the story: There's a bloody reason the rent seems too good to be true. Ps. For those wondering, I did have a friend who worked plumbing stop by to give me some advice about how low I could go before I burst the water pipes to hell and back.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment