Monday, April 20, 2020

Entitled New Store Owner Left High and Dry by Employees


"Ken" the male Karen thought he'd get to boss around the current employees of the store he bought, but his crappy attitude and unrealistic expectations led the newly open positions to be job poison. For another horrible boss story, this Karen Manager demanded an employee print a video file and things didn't end well.

1.

Text - O r/IDontWorkHereLady - Posted by u/LocalLiBEARian 10 hours ago Actually, Ken, I DON'T work here any more. Or for you. XXL A friend of mine recently reminded me of this, the absolute BEST time I ever had dealing with a Karen in the wild. It happened about 30 years ago, so I'm going strictly by memory here. I also have no clue what the name for a male Karen is, so I'll call him Ken. Sorry this came out so long but I think you'll enjoy it. TLDR at the bottom.

2.

Text - I used to work for (Chain) convenience store, and back in the late 80's it ran into financial trouble. Corporate decided that, to cut costs, they would sell off / shut down all locations that didn't have a gas station attached; this included my location. Once the stores were sold / closed, our positions would be eliminated and we'd be out of a job. Although I was only the assistant manager for our location, I was effectively running things as Corporate had decided to pull my manager off t

3.

Text - CAST: HH - Head Honcho guys from Corporate, in charge of selling the store (slightly involved near the end) Ken - entitled dude who bought our location and, of course, moi. :-) Once Chain announced that they were closing the stores, it was no secret that we would be shutting down. Of course, us employees were still expected to give good customer service. That was usually no problem as we were in a good area and had pretty decent customers; they liked us, we liked them... but at the same t

4.

Cheezburger Image 9473300224

5.

Text - Fast forward to the final day. All the other employees had worked their last shifts, and (as acting manager) I opened the store that morning. HH guys arrived to go through whatever they needed and, shortly before noon, Ken showed up. Ken and HH guys went in the back and, once they came back out, we closed the store in order to finalize everything. HH guys and I cashed out the register for the last time and, most importantly, I turned over my key to the store. Once that was done, something

6.

Text - Me: Just making sure; Chain no longer owns this location... Ken is in charge now, yes? HH confirms, so I step out from behind the counter. Of course, Ken starts yelling. (I think yelling was his default mode.) Ken: WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING? Me: Home, what does it look like? Ken: YOU GET BACK HERE AND GET YOUR BUTT BACK BEHIND THAT COUNTER WHERE IT BELONGS! Me: (calmly) No. I don't work for you.

7.

Cheezburger Image 9473300992

8.

Cheezburger Image 9473299200

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment