Monday, April 27, 2020

Hilarious Times Gamers Forgot To Turn Off The Mic


Someone on AskReddit got a fun thread going about the hilarious, absurd, and straight up bizarre times that gamers unknowingly had their mics on. Funny things can be overheard when someone is carrying out their personal business, without having any idea that the rest of the online world is listening in. 

1.

Text - firefighting101 • 12h Kid on PC arguing with his mom because he didn't want dinner. I was so hungry. And his mom sounded sweet.

2.

Text - thevoiceofterror • 7h Not bad, but memorable. I get to my buddies house, and he is playing COD. Has his headset on. This house is a work in progress, so every time I get there, something has changed. I walk into his gaming room and see he has made some modifications to the house and ask him about it. He proceeds to give me a lesson on construction fundamentals/building technique/and the why. After about 5 or so minutes he realizes he was mic'd the whole time and he goes "Oh shit!". Someon

3.

Text - Booner999 • 6h Omg this happened to me. My press-to-talk button was stuck and I had gotten up to feed the cat. I always sing songs for him as I'm feeding him and, apparently, my mic picked everything up, so when I got back on, my entire raid was singing about my cat and I was embarrassed as hell. I don't sing in public... at all. I find it hella embarrassing. >>

4.

Text - YaBoyChadCarrington • 12h Older sister was telling his little brother (our team mate) that is her time to play and she will turn off the console if he doesnt get up, he insist "just this one match... Please... No..no... NOO00O" Aaand disconected. Lol

5.

Text - Lexilogical • 11h I don't have any as weird as the ones here, but I definitely recall one time getting ready to pull a raid boss in WoW and hearing one kid's mother yell at him to take out the trash. The kid was 16 or something, and all 24 of us were like "Nope, not pulling yet, go take out the trash for your mom." I also have a friend who used to fall asleep on discord after taking Ambien, and some of those conversations were hilarious, but l'm pretty sure he knows where I live and will

6.

Text - zosobaggins • 11h Years ago, Halo 3. My cat was being unusually affectionate and cuddly. I liked killed a guy in multiplayer and was distracted by the cat. I start asking "who has a fuzzy belly? Who is my fuzzy girl?" And it turned out the guy I killed could still hear my voice and he was having none of it. I wish I still has the XBL message he sent. He seemed really insecure about his fuzzy belly.

7.

Text - Shalevt27 • 11h Was playing on a csgo server. this squeaker comes in the server actin' all tough, Trash talking, Mocking other people, etc. now it's about 11 at night now, and we hear this kid saying: But mommy I don't wanna go to sleep I wanna playyy! We all started laughing our asses off and he disconnected.

8.

Text - Apostrophe_T • 13h I was "that dude" once. Nothing scandalous, just embarrassing. You know how sometimes couples will be all sugary sweet, lovey-dovey to each other when they're alone, in a way that they'd probably not do in front of other people because it's so cringey? Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about, people-in-relationships! Anyway, I had my headset on and was being a typical idiot with my friends. My then-partner was nearby so I took off the headset, FORGOT TO MUTE

9.

Text - CaptainWordseye • 14h He had a wireless headset and proceeded to have a wee. Then went "I'm back" clearly didn't mute his mic like he thought he had.

10.

Text - ImNotTom05 • 12h Ok so this one was actually on me... I first got Cod 3 fro ps4 a while back. Like I was a serious squeaker. So eventually I joined my first online match and was getting whooped. I kid you not, my mom mas making tater tots that night and proceeded to yell (loud enough for my dinky little earbud mic to pick up) "OwEn YoUr TaTeR TOTS ArE ReAdY!" not my proudest moment but I still laugh at it.

11.

Text - sirgog • 7h Was playing a game after a few beers once and I was "that dude" Me and the ex were talking shit around the house. We were weird (we broke up after she grew up and I didn't). Like really weird. We'd make weird noises around the house in a sort of ritual. Seagull noises, cat noises, (poor) imitations of guns going off, etc. Here's what my group would have heard first her making a cat noise (she had a really, really realistic meow) then me "Gotta go help my partner with something

12.

Text - Obese_pidgen • 14h i was playing with like a 12 year old kid in a competitive match and it was close to valentines day and this kids brother walks starts yelling at him to make a card for his mom and the the kid says no and starts telling us he's annoying and then his brother got mad. the kid left the game and we lost :(

13.

Text - insanithee • 6h This happened to me. I'm a female and I was playing Dota 2. I never use the mic to talk in solo queue games. My mom called me asking about some things. After the call, my teammates started asking if I was a girl. I realized my mic was on. I hesitated telling them that I am because I didn't want them to have biased thinking about me playing the game. Next thing that happened they all added me on steam and tried to invite me to matches. I honestly think getting that girl gam

14.

Text - NB_Inferior • 12h Yelled at his new wife while she was asking for help with groceries and their 3 month son.. We chose not to hang out with him after that.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment