Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Dude Drops Phone Behind Couch, Arm Gets Stuck, Accidentally Calls 911


Imagine...you're hanging out, enjoying a game on your phone, you drop your phone behind the couch, and next thing you know your arm is stuck and your watch is phoning the emergency hotline. What a mess. I guess technology gets confused sometimes too. This dude must've been flooded with panic upon realizing what was happening. 

1.

Text - r/tifu + JOIN u/hyfr_hokie • 1d 1 3 1 TIFU by calling 911 after I dropped my phone and my arm got stuck behind the couch obligatory this was a few months ago disclaimer this story starts as all tragedies do, with a heartbreaking moment - I was playing a game on my phone and accidentally dropped it behind the couch. very frustrating but not a big deal, i'll just grab it from

2.

Text - behind the couch, right? oh no, I was so so wrong. I reach behind to couch, and i'm pretty short, so i'm sort of just swinging my arm around hoping to make contact with my phone. suddenly, my arm catches on the back frame of the couch between the couch and the wall; specifically, the side button on my apple watch got stuck. for those that don't know, the apple watch has an emergency sos function. button for a few seconds it'll bring up the emergency screen. then, it starts a 5 second coun

3.

Text - however, i'm informed that an officer has to come out and check just to be sure. there are about 15 cops who live in my neighborhood, so the officer who shows up was actually one of my neighbors who I had seen in passing. I open the door, very red and pretty out of breath. he says, “ma'am, are you okay? we received an emergency call from this location" and I have to bow my head and explain to him that yes, I am fine, I just got my arm stuck behind the couch and the apple watch called 911

4.

Text - tldr; dropped my phone behind the couch & accidentally called 911 editing to add: 1- wow this blew up! sorry I was on a plane all day and just now checking back on it and it went from 16 upvotes to over 10k 2- thanks for the award random kind stranger! 3- I know I should have been more calm and it would probably not have been such a big deal, but I live in a state where if they get a call, they have to send someone out no matter what. also, I have only called 911 once for a bad ca

5.

Text - 4- i'm really loving reading everyone's accidental 911 stories, please keep 'em coming! 5- thanks for not judging me :-) 23.9k 909 1 Share Award

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment