Sunday, April 12, 2020

Creepiest Glitch In The Matrix Moments People Experienced


This fun AskReddit thread got people to share the most bizarre "glitch in the matrix" moments that they experienced. You know, those moments when an eerie sensation creeps up your spine, and something in the universe seems to align in a way that just doesn't make sense, but maybe makes total sense? A glitch in this matrix, perhaps. 

1.

Text - kerwapple • 82d I remember being pretty young like 9 or 10 and I was the car park of a pub in England (Southend). I remember seeing someone in their teens in the window of a house looking over the car park. They waved at me and I felt like I knew them somehow. My parents asked who I was waving at and I said just some lady in the window over there. Didn't think much of it. Fast forward 10 years. I was at my nans new house. I remember walking into her room (which I never was allowed to do)

2.

Text - theMan_theBeard • 82d When I was a teenager, my family lived in a big 115 year old brick house. Plenty of creepy stuff happened but one night I was heading to bed when the door between the first floor kitchen and the basement stairs absolutely SLAMMMMMMED shut. It had a unique sound that I recognized immediately as the kitchen/ basement door. There were no windows open that could've caused a draft. Our dog was asleep on the second floor. I was on the second floor. My parents were both asl

3.

Text - Fuckin terrified, I worked up the courage to go investigate, carrying my hilariously teeny pocket knife for protection. As I went downstairs I turned on every light. When I reached the kitchen, the door was wide open. Even more freaked out I ran back up to bed (leaving the lights on). A minute or two later, I heard a definite "sssshhhh ok ok" from downstairs. I laid in bed and was ready to accept my demise. Eventually I somehow feel asleep and in the morning I was there first downstairs (

4.

Text - cowgirlinthesand2 • 82d Weird but happy. About 5 years ago in November we lost our family dog to cancer. She was the dog my children grew up with, loved by all. At the next Christmas, at the end of the day of gifts, food and family, as I was picking up, I found a tiny pewter dog figurine sitting on the mantel. lasked everyone who had been at the house that day if they left it. No one had. Okay, weird, but took it as a good omen. When my eldest went back to college at the end of that Chris

5.

Text - Text - Adventuredepot • 82d Removed a painting from the wall during a late evening cleaning, put it away and returned to the wall to see a never before seen painting on the same spot, put a chill down my spine.

6.

Text - Text - ruchull • 82d About a year ago me and my cousin visited Los Angeles. We were driving around using google maps and after missing our 3rd or 4th exit we swear we both heard it sigh loudly before it rerouted us. We freaked out and made sure our driving was on point the rest of the ride. The rest of the trip there if we missed any of our exits or turns we always apologized to google so hopefully she would know we were just morons and not assholes.

7.

Text - Text - thebronzebear • 82d I used to have a recurring dream as a teenager every night for months. I was sitting at a table on the patio of a restaurant, I was out there alone, waiting for my food. A homeless man comes up to the other side of the patio and asks for change. I'm digging in my wallet for a couple dollars and then I hear tires screech and look up to see a crash in an intersection near the restaurant. I run out there to see if I can help and as I run out into the road I get hit

8.

Text - Text - BanditSixActual • 82d 3 3 Awards This happened around 1991. It's the middle of the night. I'm standing in my sister's living room and it must be a full moon, because even though it's around lam and the lights are off, I can see clearly. There's a mixing bowl with popcorn kernels in the bottom on the floor in front of the tv and some rental VHS in a pile nearby. I hear a noise and turn around to see my sister's normally very friendly labrador retriever looking like Cujo. Fangs bared

9.

Text - They woke up to the sound of the dog snarling at about 1am. Her husband thought there was a prowler in the house, got a gun and went to find the dog. She was standing in the living room snarling at the middle of the room. He couldn't see anyone, so he flipped on the light. No one was there, the dog instantly stopped snarling and walked to her bed like nothing had happened. He checked the property and went back to bed. We talked a bit and I found out they watched some rental movies and "Of

10.

Text - Thin-Man • 82d 3 1 Award I wouldn't say that this was creepy, but it's definitely one of the most quaintly surreal things l've ever experienced: So, back in 2016, I was injured at work and for about six months my life consisted of going to physical therapy and being confined to bed until I could walk again. With that in mind, I had a lot of time to read books. One of the books that I was reading was "Ex-Heroes", by Peter Clines. Now I don't know about anyone else, but when I read a book I

11.

Text - Los Angeles where I live, the llya in the book became the Ilya that I knew in my imagination. But then, something strange started to happen. The llya in the book made specific references to movies like "Aliens", a movie which the llya I know is a huge fan of. The llya in the book was a big fan of firearms, as the llya that I know is. Put into words, these details seem slim, but there was something so strange about the character in this book that l eventually reached out to the llya that I

12.

Text - Text - mrsbmw330xi • 83d 3 1 Award I was on vacation on Florida visiting a friend, we were walking on the beach on a perfectly sunny day when everything went black for a second. I think it was weird but explained it away thinking that my eyes were playing tricks on me until he looked at me and said "did everything go black for a second?"

13.

Text - Text - Battle_Narwhal53 • 83d Not my story, but my Grandpa's. So he served in the Navy and hadn't come home for five years. He finally got to go home, and on his way, he saw his old friend, let's call him Wally. Wally was getting on his normal bus, and my Grandpa shouted "Hi!" To him. But Wally didn't respond. But he didn't think much of it, seeing how Wally didn't have the best hearing. Wally got on his bus, and looked my Grandpa in the eye as the bus drove away. Later, after he got home

14.

Text - nithararith • 82d S 1 Award One day when I was about 8 I didn't go to school because I was sick. My friend was suppoused to bring me homework etc. but he never came. My granddad came home from work and he told me that that friend was dead, I was devastated. That night I had a dream. I was with my friend at a playground next to our school and we were talking, then he told me that he is safe and it didn't hurt when that car hit him. The next day my mother wanted to talk to me about that sit

15.

Text - Text - Dolios6757 • 82d Might get buried but oh well. When I played baseball as a kid, they were handing out the trophies at the end of the season. They called out the names of the kids while we received our trophies. They're happened to be a kid with the same name as me. We met after the ceremony because it was weird since our last name isn't a very common one. We had the same birthday and everything. We looked alike, both our Dad's were named Derek and both of our sisters were named Lil

16.

Text - VoiceOfSchmille • 82d Several years ago, I went home, turned on my PC, browsed the web for a bit, literally watched a video about The Matrix, then looked out of my window. Then I suddenly snapped awake sitting in my chair. I looked at my monitor to see that it had turned off. I thought "Strange, I must have fallen asleep" and proceeded to move the mouse to wake my PC from sleep mode. It did not wake up. I was confused until I noticed that the power strip was not even plugged in. It had ne

17.

Text - S 1 Award Every night I go to bed about two hours before my husband. I always wake up when he comes into the room. One night he was gaming with a friend and it was hours later I heard him sneak into the room and crawl across the floor so he could pop up and scare me. I felt the floor kind of shake and felt him bump clumsily against the side of the bed in the dark. I held out my hand and asked him not to scare me, I was already scared enough and begged him to just take my hand and come to

18.

Text - hambone1981• 82d My wife and I were at the local mall shopping.. We were walking around in Spencer's and there was a display with a bunch of sexy/slutty boxed outfits. Once we saw them, we both blurted out "this looks like something Samantha(an acquaintance we both knew from from mutual friends) would wear", at the exact same time. We started laughing about it and as we walked around the corner, the SAMANTHA we were talking about was looking at the exact same rack but form the other side!

19.

Text - setyh • 83d 3 1 Award I have a jade Buddhist necklace I bought in China about 10 years ago. It dissappears for months at a time only to reappear somewhere obvious like my desk, my dresser, in a drawer I use every day. I just say it goes on a trip and will come back eventually.

20.

Text - Text - taterbugg82 • 83d Two things. Each was witnessed by at least one other person and both were while driving. Once at a stop sign in a neighborhood. All of these little sparkles started swirling around in mid air roughly 3-4 ft off the ground out of nowhere. The group of them were roughly 2 ft wide by 3-4 ft tall. It lasted 3-5 seconds and then they were gone. No one was around and when I asked my passenger if he saw it too he breathed a sigh of relief and said yes. We spoke about it

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment