Tuesday, March 21, 2023

'Should I accept the job?': Job seeker uses ChatGPT to ace virtual job interview


The fear that ChatGPT, or some other AI, could replace your job in the near future is an absolutely real one—especially when your job mainly consists of writing short, accessible pieces that someone may or may not even read when they visit your webpage.

ChatGPT assures me, when I ask it, that there's no way that it could replace a human writer completely… but what if that's just what it wants me to think so that it can covertly plot to put me out of business? How are we even certain that ChatGPT hasn't written this post? My writing gig certainly wouldn't be the first job to be made obsolete by new technology.

Well, as frightening as the prospect is, there appear to be ways that these technologies can help us too. This Redditor, u/JoJolion_,  claims that they managed to ace a virtual interview by using the AI to answer the interviewer's questions. Is this real? Who can be sure? But it's an interesting prospect and a fun read.

Keep reading to see some selected screenshots, or check out their original Reddit post.

No comments:

Post a Comment