Monday, April 18, 2022

Brother's Unemployed Girlfriend Designates Herself Planner of Family Gatherings, Gets Uninvited


When you're attached to a family group through a romantic relationship, you should feel like part of the family. If the family you're joining is healthy and decent, they will welcome you with open eyes. But that is a two-way street; it is also up to you to read the room and not overstep your place. 

In case you were wondering… Designating your unemployed ass as the on-tap family planner and sending people lists of chores they need to complete at their own home is definitely overstepping. 

Well, this guy's brother's girlfriend really needed to hear that piece of advice because she decided that her job would be precisely that.

"I'm hosting Easter at my house because I have a large yard for the kids to hunt eggs. As usual Harper sent the family spreadsheets for the event. Apparently my job as host is to "properly" clean my house. Weed and mulch my flower beds and remove a dead TREE on the edge of the property. There was a "Tips and Tricks" for lawn care she added at the bottom. Harper has decided to cook the food, her budget is $120, $155 if I want a cake."

The guy, who was the poster of the topic, took offense to her demands and sent her the following message back:

"I emailed her back and simply said, "Who invited you?" She texted me a bunch of question marks. I texted back "Unfortunately, there will be no-plus ones to watch my kids find eggs in the yard. If I let my brother bring a date then I'd have to let my other guests bring dates and we have already hit our budget of buying a grocery store ham. Sorry, I'm sure you understand how these things are. Best wishes!"

What do you think? Did the guy overstep by banning his brother's girlfriend from his home?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment