Monday, April 18, 2022

Boss Fires Employee Then Asks Them to Cover a Shift on Easter


That's gonna be a no from me dawg.

This employee was called in by their new ex-boss to help cover a shift on Easter… Shortly after the boss had fired them for refusing to work out of state for four weeks on their own dime. 

This thread was posted to the r/antiwork subreddit by the employee, Redditor u/Ok-Character3000, who had only been working at the company for eleven weeks when the request came through. 

"So I was with this company for 11 weeks, and it was all pretty dumb already. But I didn't mind because it was more of an in-between kind of job. So Easter is today and I got a message last week asking me to come in and cover and catch up so people could take their vacations." u/Ok-Character3000 describes. 

They decided that they would rather move on than go out of town at their own cost, so they gladly accepted the firing.  

"So I just refused to go. I just didn't go. They gave me a two-week notice and I was fired.

Come around to a few days after my termination, and they start texting me saying, 'Well you don't have kids, so how about covering for us? Huh? Huh? Huh?'

And my response is "I was literally fired, so NO."

Commenters have been pointing out how stupid the boss has to be to think that he could get away with calling the employee in after firing them.

Read on for the full story below.

No comments:

Post a Comment