Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Guy Who Was Fired Reports Company For Breaches, Company Shook in this Viral Thread


This unappreciated worker was managing the company's entire marketing and graphic design department on their own without a hint of guidance. Despite that, they were let go in favor of a foreign marketing agency. 

This thread went viral today when posted to Reddit's r/antiwork subreddit. The poster, u/TheNBAonTNT, describes the situation as it unfolded.

I had been handling the marketing and graphic design at a company for over a year with basically no budget, no help, and no structure." Reported u/TheNBAonTNT, "Even through all that I stayed; I got results, I maintained said results, I gave them everything."

After their termination, they decided that their best approach was to file grievances for the employer's breaches of employment rights. "I'm now taking them to court in my country's labor board/court," said u/TheNBAonTNT. "I'm not negotiating; I'll make damn sure that the court knows how it is that they avoid taxes by not covering the employee's lawful benefits and how they run the day-by-day operations."

If you insist on being a terrible employer, it's probably wisest not to do this to your employees, who are most likely to be privy to your illegal activities. It's that adage about not breaking two laws simultaneously because you exponentially increase your chance of getting caught. Fortunately, criminals and terrible employers alike are usually too stupid to rationalize this. 

u/TheNBAonTNT has promised to post updates as the story unfolds, and we will endeavor to keep this post updated. 

 

Thumbnail Image: charlesdeluvio

No comments:

Post a Comment