Friday, February 4, 2022

Shipping Company Denies Responsibility After Smashing Dying Mother's MacBook, Son-In-Law Takes Them to Court


Shipping companies and couriers…. One thing is for certain. No matter where you are in the world you have probably had an issue with one at some point and chances are they were absolutely useless at resolving the issue that THEY caused with your item.

Recently, I've had two such personal examples pop up. I ordered something online to be sent with a national shipping company via two-day delivery from the next city over. After two weeks the product still hadn't shown up. After three weeks the product still was marked as being "at the depot". 

After the two-week mark, I was messaging the shipping company trying to figure out where my package was. They told me there were delays but it was clear it had been lost or ended up under someone's Christmas tree. 

Three weeks pass. Then four. They still don't know where it is and won't admit to it. 

After two and a half months they finally admitted that they had lost the package. Oh, and now I'd have to file for reimbursement. 

Three weeks later and that process is still ongoing. Now stretching out to two and a half months from what was meant to be a two-day delivery. 

____

Unfortunately, the national postal service isn't much better. Another package I had ordered on overnight delivery took over two weeks to arrive. They refused to respond to any inquiry before that point. 

When I finally managed to get a hold of someone the customer service rep told me that my package had been marked as "undeliverable" despite no delivery ever being attempted. Someone just had too much to do and had stuck it in that pile where it had been sitting for two weeks. 

____

But I digress. Shipping companies and couriers are absolutely useless. Depending on where you live it's possible your national postal service is too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment