Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Insane Company Suspends Worker For Not Participating in “Mandatory” Company TikTok


Nothing is better for worker morale than mandatory fun. There's just something about being forced to wear a smile and laugh for company dollars while your mind internally reflects the picturesque wonderment of a post-apocalyptic  wasteland. 

There's just something in the artful construction of the phrase "company social event" that just really gets my motor humming. 

You want me to do what? Maintain my carefully crafted workplace persona after hours AND socialize? I can hardly manage to maintain this facade for the 8 work hours in a day as it is. I'm crumbling mentally and really don't want to be here any longer than I have to. Please god just let me go home.

Really, what I'm saying, is that there's a little bit of Nate in all of us. Not all of us are ready or willing to put our jobs on the line to say so, but at a certain point enough is enough. 

When you're earning bottom dollar, and coping with terrible leadership, you too might find yourself one mandatory TikTok away from drawing the line in the sand like Nate.

No comments:

Post a Comment