Monday, February 14, 2022

Boss Makes Employee Work During Lunch Break, Tells Them Not to Eat off Break


This boss didn't hesitate to send their worker out on errands during their lunch break. Eating on company time though? That was out of line. Since the understanding apparently didn't go both ways… u/unitedstatesoflabia knew that they needed to draw the line in the sand. 

Some expert Malicious Compliance would set her boss straight.


Breaks are one of the few times that you get to escape off into your own thoughts and dissociate away from the prison that can be the working day. They're essential to our sanity and well being, as well as being a legal requirement too.

I've definitely had some employment relationships in the past where there has been some mutual flexibility with break timing. But it was always with the understanding that, if I come to help with something on my lunch break, then I'm going to make it up afterwards. If I miss a lunch on a day because we're too busy? Alright, I'm taking a double lunch tomorrow. It was always win-win, and that is how it has to be. That's how you foster a stronger relationship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment