Saturday, October 9, 2021

Is it Bad to Favor One Niece or Nephew Over the Others? This Aunt Does


When I was a kid I honestly thought that all adults were emotionless impartial observers over the actions of children. That, one day, I too would reach the point of emotionlessness impartiality and be a judicial beacon of equality. 

Unfortunately, that dream never actualized, and I still find myself an emotional being. Locked eternally into the dramatic flaws and flows that come with being human. I have also, in consequence, realized that the adults in my life were equally non-impartial and were picking and choosing favorites all the while. 

It's a pretty tough realization to make. That those you loved may have had favorites. And that you might not have been one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment