Sunday, February 7, 2021

Tumblr Thread: Super Coffee Is Not A Great Idea


Caffeine makes you more alert, and college students want to be more alert, so naturally they take the effects of caffeine to their  limits. For more stories about people doing stupid things, here are people's high risk low reward moments. For more junk from Tumblr's trunk, here are various Tumblr Gems to keep the day moving.

1.

Text - pretty-boy-jon: ooswinssouffle: appropriately-inappropriate: rukafais: graveyardhorse: korrakun: my favorite college experience is when i had a 7am class and the kid next to me literally poured a monster energy drink into his coffee said "I'm going to die" and drank the whole thing i knew a guy who brewed his instant coffee with monster instead of water. three cups in two hours. i think he ascended to the astral realm the survivability of the human race never ceases to amaze me TABI ANECD

2.

Text - My final year I lived with engineering masters students. One night, I'm finishing up my final paper, I'm juuuust backing up my final copy, and my housemate's cat knocks a vase over onto my laptop. Which wouldn't be a problem except my cable had been chewed on (thanks Kobe), so the wiring was exposed. Circuits short out, I fling myself back to avoid electrocution and by the time we get the situation handled, my laptop AND my external hard drive have been fried by the surge. I mean, fried.

3.

Text - So off I go. By the time I make it downstairs, there's this chemical Ireek/ in the kitchen. I go in and there he is, methodically crushing caffeine pills with the bottom of a glass on a ceramic plate, periodically dusting the powder into a cooking pot. Meanwhile, his coffee pot is chugging away on the counter. As I watch, he takes the coffee pot, empties it into the cooking pot, lets THAT come to a boil and dumps in some of his Turkish coffee, AND the remaining caffeine pill powder, which

4.

Text - I've had three sips when it hits, and I feel my heart trip on a beat. I must have gone white cause he nods, all pleased, and points me at his laptop. Long story short, I got an week's extension, didn't sleep for five days, had a conversation with my BLINDS in SPANISH, and got a B+, with a note that it was an "engaging read and well-written, when intelligible". To this day, coffee any stronger than a pale off-beige makes my chest hurt. I honestly thought he was going to drink the coffee an

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment