Friday, February 5, 2021

Picky Eater Husband Demands Fancier Meals


So like does this guy want his wife to make two dinners every night or something? Seems like if he doesn't want to do any cooking, he might have to learn how to grit through the pain and learn how to eat a vegetable. It's dietary drama like this that harkens back to this uncle who couldn't handle a vegan meal at a wedding and demanded a meat one.

1.

Font - r/AmIthe. le - Posted by u/Cantbethathealthy 18 hours ago O 2 e5 3 14 E 18 A AITA for making myself nice meals and not my husband? Not the A-hole So, I'll preface by saying me and my husband have vastly different tastes in basically everything. For the most part it doesn't matter, but we clash heavily when it comes to food. Before we met, I basically never ate out, drank nothing but water and unsweet tea (with the occasional juice) and ate mostly vegetarian, always pretty healthy meals. W

2.

Font - I ended up adapting my cooking to suit his tastes, occasionally making myself healthy sides but it bothered him so I mostly stopped. I tried to at least have healthy lunches or choose healthier options when eating out, which was still regularly. Eventually we had a daughter, and now that she's getting old enough to eat with us, I'm pretty much done with how we eat. I don't like eating like this, I've gained weight and feel out of shape, my body feels awful, whatever. And I don't want our

3.

Font - He accepted it at first, but he's gradually been getting more upset about it. He says it's not fair that we have these nice meals and he's stuck eating crap. I told him he's free to join, and what he's making himself is literally the same things I'd make him anyways (minus some "fancier" things), and that I'd be willing to still make some of the fancier ones just not so often. But he says its not the same and he wants nice healthy meals like ours and it's not fair that he's being excluded

4.

Font - hraedon Certified Proctologist [21] 18 hours ago 3 2 NTA. His real complaint is that he's "being excluded," which I suspect is actually a combination of resentment at having to cook for himself and resentment that you are implicitly teaching your kid that the way he eats is bad. Like, look at what you wrote. He was only okay with things when you completely adopted his way of cooking: even you making yourself healthy sides "bothered" him to the point where you stopped doing it. You've give

5.

Font - WillowCool887 18 hours ago O5 2 & 12 More You didn't give you or your husband's age, but I'm assuming from this that he's around 4 years old. In that case, it's okay for you to try to expand his palate, but kids are notoriously stubborn and picky eaters, and while that can be frustrating, you can't just let him go without food...as a small child, he depends on you to feed him, and it is borderline abusive not to prepare meals for him that he will eat. Oh wait, what's that, this is a grown

6.

Font - pdnim7 Partassipant [1] 18 hours ago NTA. A person's diet is by choice. If your husband feels excluded, then he needs to eat what you prepare in order to be included. Alternatively, he can learn how to cook "fancy" and serve himself if he doesn't like what's put on the table.

7.

Human body - ThrowawayTArtist 18 hours ago · edited 18 hours ago What does he mean by crap? Wasn't it his meal of choice all along ? NTA

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment