Friday, February 5, 2021

Man Gets Head Stuck In Lamp Shade, Wife Goes Into Labor, Chaos Ensues


We really hope this one isn't a work of fiction. Just picturing this chaotic scenario unfold is enough to get the laughs rolling. You've got a very pregnant wife who ends up going into labor right around when her husband also got his head stuck in a fish bowl style lamp shade. This guy's clearly going to be an urban legend in that hospital ward for days to come. 

1.

Font - r/tifu u/--_throwaway_ + Join 1d -- Mod Award A 1 B 1 1 2 47 60 S 67 49 9 1 TIFU by putting my head in a fishbowl before my daughter was born M There's not really much back story apart from the fact that my daughter was a breach baby and wouldn't turn. Due to various complications, we had opted for a planned C-section. The whole thing in general was just really bizarre, like, you pick your kid's birthday just like that! Anyway, my wife and I tend to be goofy, fun loving folk that's always

2.

Font - On the day of the birth, just as we were about to leave to the hospital, I picked up this fishbowl style lamp shade (looked something like this) we hadn't yet put up onto my head because "we're boldly going where neither of us have gone before". I just saw it on my way to the door and didn't really think it through, so I immediately regretted this decision when my giant ears, my nose and hair (got down to my ass length hair that was in a loose bun) ended up blocking my head in this thing

3.

Font - As you can imagine, the car ride was a real mix bag of emotions for us all. We arrive, I do the walk of shame into the maternity ward with this bubble on my head holding my wife's hand and there's this older nurse who greeted us and I could see her dinner plate eyes just screaming "what the and my wife jokingly said "...Yep! I'm having his baby!" to which literally all the midwives in the maternity ward that could see us walk up the corridor just start howling with laughter and whoever wa

4.

Font - Anyway, 4 hours later, we had a healthy baby and I got hazed by some of the older midwives. It was really good fun in the end. Wouldn't recommend, but it definitely beats any other birth story I've heard AND broke the ice with most of the staff. TL;DR: I got a bowl shaped lamp shade stuck on my head and had to take my wife to the hospital to have our baby whilst I had the bowl removed.

5.

Rectangle - P.S. For those of you wondering how I got it on in the first place, here's some handy dandy instructions in case you want to give it a go; get the bun in first, then move downwards over the ears, the nose and then push down until the ears get into the rim. The bun will smoosh up inside and move downwards a bit and voila! You're a

6.

Font - Edit: Eish. Glad you guys found this so amusing. I don't know what these awards do, but l've never gotten one on my main before, so thanks for handing them to me. Also, thanks for all being so swell. I honestly was expecting people to just call me an idiot, but l've gotten some really lovely messages from some of you. 26.1k 493 ↑, Share

7. Apparently this is what the prized possession looked like.

Peripheral

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment