Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Employee Battles Micromanaging Boss With Nano Reporting


Who knows what goes through the mind of a manager who would rather have their employees spend all their time reporting on their work than actually working. This employee saw right through it and came up with a plan to show them exactly how dumb the new policy was. For another incompetent boss, here's a manager who suspended an employee and expected them at their next shift.

1.

Product - glowofarson 12 hours ago Did you include the time you spent filling out the logs? Seems like he might also want to know about that. Vote Reply Share •.. FormerStuff 12 hours ago No I didn't. It would give me a stroke logging the last log that I logged previous to that logs log.

2.

Font - O r/MaliciousCompliance · Posted by u/FormerStuff 13 hours ago O 4 e 3 13 4 Want me to be extra specific on my time spent during the workday? I can do that. oc M TL;DR at the end. I work in sales. I spend time in my actual office and on the road making cold calls. The small company I work for uses a call-logging software that plans my trips to customers. A typical logged call would look like this: Called X customer > time spent in call> call notes.

3.

Font - About a year ago the owner of the company asked me to create a customer called "office work" to ping on the software to let him know I was in my office and not out seeing customers. In the call notes I would write a short general description on what I did in my time in office. A month ago the owner decided his fresh out of college 22 year old son was fit to be the manager of all salespersons. His son has commenced to micromanage my daily call reports to the fullest extent. He has to write

4.

Font - each salesperson does every day. I get texts or emails almost daily asking what "exact times" I did what in my office or on the road. This culminated to the owners son demanding I log each individual task such as driving to a customer, working on a spreadsheet, or even warming up my vehicle. The example he gave me: 7:30AM-7:49AM checked and responded to email, 7:52AM-8:00AM warmed up truck. Etc. Each entry takes about a minute to create and log.

5.

Font - He wanted to know what I was doing every minute of the entire workday. Fine. I can play ball. For the past week and a half I have been scrutinizing every single second of the day to ludicrous extent. I timed five minutes and counted the number of breaths I took to get an average amount of breathing per minute. About 18 breaths per minute. Better log that.

6.

Font - I began timing my bathroom breaks and logging it. My fastest bladder draining is 48 seconds including washing hands! I timed how long it took to fill up my water and logged it, 29 seconds from start to back at my desk. I timed how long to tie my boots and logged that, 4 seconds each boot. Sitting at a stoplight? Logged. He now knows I can knock on a customers door 10 times in 3 seconds.

7.

Font - For about a week I logged everything I did every waking moment of the workday including the bites of my salad for lunch. Hell I even got the other salespersons to join in the malicious compliance. He was inundated in hundreds of reports each day he had to comb through. Today he sent an email to the sales force that we are no longer required to give specific times for tasks but rather a general description would suffice. Just like it was before he took over. TL;DR- Bossman's son micromanag

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment