Sunday, January 17, 2021

The Worst Foods People Have Eaten


Food is one of the great joys of life. But when it goes wrong, cursed food can quickly become one of its great terrors. Sometimes we eat stuff that sucks to be polite guests, sometimes we don't realize what we're eating is gonna be bad, and sometimes we're just stupid. At least when it's over we have new insight on the worst things we've tasted.

1.

Text - duckfat01 74 points · 5 days ago Fried termites, offered as a traditional snack at a cultural exchange function. The taste was just the butter they were fried in, but the texture was all legs and carapace.

2.

Text - Dcupps907 58 points · 5 days ago Alaskan here, muktuk (whale fat) is easily the most horrible thing I have ever eaten ... imagine bubblegum..that tastes like the ocean.... .....

3.

Text - Veritas3333 39 points · 5 days ago Was driving across the country to Texas. First exit into the state, I stopped for gas and saw that they had brisket under the heat lamps. Gas station brisket. I was throwing up on the side of the road about 10 miles later.

4.

Text - Sparky62075 4.9k points · 5 days ago My wife would say... Pancakes that I accidentally cooked in garlic butter. She hated them. I liked them.

5.

Text - Notsaul10 2.3k points · 5 days ago A protein drink flavored fruity pebbles, tasted like dish soap

6.

Text - WhenAmI 739 points · 5 days ago 9 For the love of good food, avoid Three Olives froot loop vodka.

7.

Text - Jekyll_1886 2.0k points · 5 days ago S Years ago Starbucks did a green tea latte. My Mom and I got one to try cause we like green tea. It was toxic! We were emitting fumes that should never come out of a human body! We were riding with the windows down in the middle of winter it was so bad! When I got to a bathroom, when I was done, what I left behind looked like lawn mulching after being out in the rain for a week straight with a smell on par with what I imagine the bog of eternal stench

8.

Text - kesh_from_downunder 1.9k points · 5 days ago Am Indian. Had a curry at someone's house who was not Indian. Straight up did not use any spice but salt. Died on the inside. Ancestors physically manifested to voice disapproval.

9.

Text - CatFancyCoverModel 1.9k points · 5 days ago Fermented Shark is pretty bad. It tastes like bleach smells.

10.

Text - HeioFish 1.8k points · 5 days ago Ngl, my own cooking. Many, many failed improvs that seemed like a good idea at the time.

11.

Text - Bladeisspooky 1.7k points · 5 days ago 2 32 Did a shot of Durian extract mixed with Cotton Candy Faygo. Both of us threw up in the bushes.

12.

Text - socialsci123 1.7k points · 5 days ago I attended a wedding of my cousin a few years back. They were part of this cult-like "Christian" sect. The food was not made by a catering company and the whole affair was organized by church members. For dessert they had a mango icebox cake that barely had any cream and was dyed pink for some reason. It had been sitting out for hours under the sun. It was warm, smelled a little funky and was topped with roasted garlic peanuts. We only ate it to be po

13.

Text - stephacharlotte 1.6k points · 5 days ago Hot dog soup. My dad was in a rehab/assisted living facility. He had both me and my sister taste it. We were all super grossed out. It was def hot dogs, with chunks, but also with pureed hot dogs for the base.

14.

Text - Malruhn 1.2k points · 5 days ago Goat eye. I was an "honored guest" at a Bedouin camp and the chieftain "honored" me by letting me have one of the eyes of a roast goat as he ate the other eye. My stomach does somersaults just remembering it...

15.

Text - yeahwellokay 931 points · 5 days ago Liver off a buffet. It had the consistency of dog poop.

16.

Text - Leemage 741 points · 5 days ago 3 Natto. It's apparently a Japanese fermented bean dish but I'm pretty sure it was just someone's slimy sticky barf they saved in a bowl for some reason.

17.

Text - TheLoveliestKaren 705 points - 5 days ago · edited 5 days ago A piece of what would otherwise have been a tasty bit of beef, dipped in way too much numbing oil(think anbesol). Okay, so. I went to my friend's family's house for christmas a few years back. They are Chinese, I am not, and they were having hot pot. My friend was really worried that I wouldn't like it, but I was super excited and was decently sure I'd love it. Before we sat down to eat, he helped me make a dipping sauce. It wa

18.

Text - Immediately I knew something was wrong. I couldn't feel my mouth. I was sure I was having an allergic reaction, despite never having had a food allergy to anything before. I started internally freaking out, and basically trying to figure out how I could get away without making a big scene, because it was a lot of people that I did not know and this was also a friend that I had only recently gotten close to. Also, it's just gross. Eating meat when you can't taste it or feel your mouth is a

19.

Text - His cousin then pointed out that she saw us putting numbing oil (which is apparently a Chinese culinary thing, though usually used sparingly) in our dipping oil rather than the sesame oil because my friend mixed up the bottles, so I had essentially coated a piece of beef in a mixture that was like 90% numbing oil. In case anyone wonders why she didn't tell us, it's because my friend is just really weird and so his cousin assumed that he just liked it that way.

20.

Text - mstomm 654 points · 5 days ago The last week or so of school my District only had "Chef's Choice" printed on the lunch menus. What this meant is they were cleaning out the fridges and wouldn't know what it would be until the day of. My class that fateful day had an early lunch time, so we were some of the first students to find out that lunch was "Chicken Fajitas". They were the worst thing I've ever tasted, and the only thing that's been so bad I stopped after 1 bite. The "chicken" was a

21.

Text - sparky1973 532 points · 5 days ago A delivered pizza with expired mozzarella on it. Didn't know until I took a bite. It had an overwhelming blue cheese taste and "musk" to it when I only halfway bit into it...

22.

Text - Terezzian 310 points · 5 days ago · edited 4 days ago There's 345 comments at time of writing so this probably won't be seen but Last year I was on my high school's robotics team, and they were hosting a potluck type thing and one of the desserts was a big donut cake. So I think "dang, that looks delicious! I wonder why it's almost entirely untouched?" and I take a bite. What do I taste? It tastes like onions. Not kidding. The person who baked it must've used the same pan they made some s

23.

Text - Starfall669 245 points · 5 days ago Ohhh boy, that without a shred of doubt would be the christmas "dinner" 2017. That whole ordeal is best described as clusterfuck of gargantuan proportions. I was invited by my best friend at the time to spend christmas with her and her family. While most of her family is a delight to be around, her father... isn't. So we were invited for a dinner by him and his girlfriend. The meal composition was interesting to say the least. And with interesting I mea

24.

Text - The cabbage was not only boiled until annihilation, but also extremely overseasoned with mulled spice mix. Up to this day I feel violated thinking about eating one fork of that stuff. And the lasagna? Not only completely out of place on that table, it had the consistency of a water corpse. I never thought you could have pasta with less structural integrity than Jello. Oh, and it was also cold. The hosts? He almost breathed his food, complimenting constantly, while I contemplated about lob

25.

Text - shiver-yer-timbers 210 points · 5 days ago I once bought a tub of yogurt and it was immediately forgotten in the back of my fridge. about a year later I notice a tub of strawberry yogurt in the fridge along with some other things. I figured my SO had been shopping. SoI open the yogurt, and eat about a 200mls and put it back....I didn't notice anything bad about it in taste or smell. It was a bit thicker, less bright in colour and a bit less strawberry flavour than normal but more yogurty.

26.

Text - leeshylou 105 points · 5 days ago My mother once used gravy powder in an icing mix (on a chocolate cake) instead of cocoa. Suffice to say, it was not a pleasant experience.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment