Sunday, January 17, 2021

Manipulative Son Tries To Sell Mom's House, Cancels Her Job Interview


In a whirlwind of family drama, this mom has had to deal with her son trying to sell her house and move to his college city so he can live rent free. Isn't there some kind of financial aid for this kind of thing? You know, instead of sabotaging your mom's life? Family drama can get pretty out there, like this woman who trained her cousin's horrible kids like dogs or this son who rented out his stepmom's house for giving away his PS4.

1.

Text - Posted by u/Aita333645__ 21 hours ago 20 10 8 S 17 32 AITA For kicking my son out of my house after he cancelled my job interview? Not the A-hole Please hear me out first. I'm a single mom (45) of a 20 year old son (Chris) Chris is in college. He studies engineering. Being a single mom at a young age was not easy for me. Despite everything I been through. Despite my own family giving up on me. I made sure my son got the life he deserves. He was/is my everything. I worked several jobs that

2.

Text - Recently. Chris moved back in with me because he no longer could pay rent. His next semester is starting soon. And he's been talking to me about the possibility of selling my house and buying a house in the city where he studies so he will no longer pay rent and said that it was better to move. I declined for several reasons; 1 grew up here, my old friends live here. 2 the city is expensive 3 this home means a lot it represents my hard work and sacrifices.Chris didn't like that. He threw

3.

Text - Yesterday. I found out that he contacted the company and cancelled my interview and then deleted my email. I use a computer and it's in the office so he gets access to it. He told me he wanted to check his college website for some reason and I thought nothing of it. That was the night before. I found out yesterday morning that someone cancelled my interview. I confronted Chris about it. First he denied then he said that the company wasn't what I deserved anyway and I can find a better pos

4.

Text - I yelled at him and argued with him telling him that he was an adult and should manage his own issues. Told him to get a job but not expect me to turn my life upside down for him. He yelled back saying I was selfish and I ended up kicking him out of the house. His aunt knew and was yelling at me for what I did saying I was treating him poorly and he was hurt by me. Just to clarify his aunt is my sister. She doesn't have children of her own. And Chris considers her as a second mother to hi

5.

Text - hudflo Partassipant [2] 16.5k points · 21 hours ago · edited 16 hours ago Nta .He is 20. Legally your house is under your name. He is doing shady things like that around your house then he is being shady in general. When it comes to family it is difficult to do anything negative but he needs to learn about consequences. 4 6 2 37 8 Make him pay rent (a normal rate no discount) If he wants internet then he needs to pay for it. Lock your computer and if he complains then give him $10 and tel

6.

Text - the-mirrors-truth Professor Emeritass [79] 5.4k points · 21 hours ago NTA If you ever accept in your home again, charge him rent. He's being extremely ungrateful and entitled. It is non of his aunt's business and your son needed the reality check.

7.

Text - dogchick1985 Partassipant [3] 4.7k points · 21 hours ago 2 2 & 7 More NTA. Your son is a user. He wants to use mommy's money to buy HIMSELF a house in an area HE wants to live in without having to lift a damn finger, pay any money out of his own pocket, or do any of the work. This move benefits him only. In his fantasy land...he doesn't have to pay rent, he doesn't have to work, he doesn't have to commute. He can just depend on mommy to pay all his bills, buy him his dream home, and go to

8.

Text - that_was_way_harsh 1.6k points · 21 hours ago NTA. If Auntie thinks you're being cruel she can take him in and see what happens.

9.

Text - AprilBLH Partassipant [3] 958 points · 21 hours ago NTA and honestly that's controlling and abusive behavior on your sons part. He is crossing boundaries and trying to make decisions for you, a grown woman. His mother. He is a grown man that can move to the city when he is able to afford it and shouldn't be banking on you giving everything up so he can get what he wants.

10.

Text - poofy_dinosaur Partassipant [1] 877 points · 21 hours ago NTA. You've done enough for him. He's a 20 year old adult. Nothing justifies his cancelling your interview. That's a huge breach of privacy and trust. He should get a part time job. If he comes back, ask him to start paying rent, utilities and grocery. Aita333645_ / 2 1.1k points · 20 hours ago I contacted the company's number. Hopefully my interview will be re-scheduled. I explained my situation and it might take time.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment