Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Karen Demands Employee Send Shoes Without Payment First


Man, this is a new angle for the typical Karen troubling a hard working employee story. In this case, we have an impatient Karen frustratedly trying to get a mystified employee to send her some very cheap sandals without paying for them first. It becomes glaringly clear that either Karen really is that lazy, or she was trying to cop a pair of free sandals. 

1.

Font - r/TalesFromRetail + Join u/ironsprite · 3y 1 "Can't you just buy it for me?" Long Hello TFR! I come bearing a tale that is one of the most ridiculous customer encounters l've had in my almost 17 years of retail experience. So buckle up, kids. It's gonna be a wild ride. The characters: Me: Assistant Manager/slave SW: Senile Woman, as there's really no other explanation

2.

Font - Relevant to the story: We are unable to take orders over the phone. Credit cards must be physically swiped/ inserted at the register and we have absolutely no way around this. The setting: a shoe store. Just a few days ago. T had just clocked in for my closing shift. The phone rings. Me: "Good afternoon, thank you for calling ShoeStore, how may I help you?" SW: "Oh hi. I was in your store earlier today looking at a pair of shoes, and l'm just kicking myself for not buying them. l'd like f

3.

Font - SW: "Can I order them online?" Me: "Possibly, which shoe were you looking at?" SW: "I don't know." A little back and forth ensues, with her attempting to explain what the shoe looked like and where it was located in the store. I'm somehow able to find it. It's a single pair of sandals from last year that are on super mega clearance because, well, they're old. Me: "unfortunately you won't find these on our website, they're from last year." SW: "well what am I supposed to doooooo??!!"

4.

Font - Me: go back in time and buy them when you were here? "I'm not sure, ma'am." SW: "OH! You can ship them to me, and when I get them l'll mail you a check!" Me: "Sorry ma'am, I can't send out merchandise that has not been paid for." SW, getting increasingly frustrated: "Is there anyone else there I can talk to? A manager?"

5.

Font - Me, trying to suppress laughter as my manager is staring at me, shaking his head at hearing my side of the conversation: "No, l'm the only manager here right now." SW: "Well then, you can buy it for me and I'll mail you a check." | Me: "Excuse me?" SW: "They're not even $20. You pay for it and l'll send you a personal check. I'm good for it." Me: "I'm not going to do that." SW: "Well is there anyone else there who would?"

6.

Font - Me: "No ma'am, no one here is going to buy your shoes for you." staring from my manager intensifies, we both exchange the 'I can't wait to talk about this one' look SW: "Well I mean this is ridiculous. All I want is those shoes and no one will help me. So there's nothing you can do?" Me: "No ma'am, I'm afraid there isn't." SW: "Well then THANKS A LOT." click

7.

Font - I burst out laughing and regale my manager with the full conversation. A nearby customer overhears and also starts laughing. I spend most of my remaining shift hiding in the back room, I feel like I earned it. Edit: GOLD? My first! Thank you kind stranger! And I guess I have to thank the crazy lady too, may she find the shoes she's looking for. 4 6.5k 128 ↑, Share

8.

Handwriting - [deleted] • 3y I had a kid begging me for $2 today so he could buy a pop. I'm like, "I don't have money, why do you think I'm working here?" 1 25 ...

9.

Font - woohooman14· 3y I love these kinds of people. I also work in a shoe store, small individual business, but this is a bit of a different story. It's amazing how often people don't realize that we do not control when styles get discontinued and will get mad at us for not being able to get it. The classic response I get is "I bought it X years ago why can't I buy it now!?!?!?!?" "because the brand changed their products and we cannot get that shoe from them anymore" 2 ...

10.

Font - Whoazers · 3y People are wild. I used to work in a college textbook store and a mom was paying for her son's books over the phone. No problem. She proceeds to tell me how she's not really available due to a business meeting and can't get her purse until after and can I please just give him the books and she'll call me back in an hour? Sure! Enjoy your $350 worth of merchandise, no biggie. 2 ...

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment