Monday, January 25, 2021

Driver Jams Seatbelt In Car Door, Doesn't Realize Car Door Is Locked


Honestly, the embarrassment should fall on the mechanics a bit too. It seems like most everyone involved in the hilarious conundrum of a car door that got jammed up with a seatbelt was confused. Our brains are funny like that though. Sometimes we get so caught up in aggressively trying to figure out the solution to a problem that we end up overlooking the glaringly obvious. 

1.

Font - r/tifu + Join u/martyj310 · 23h W1 2 24 21 3 25 3 24 TIFU by jamming my seatbelt in my car door M I was leaving for work and when I got in my car I accidentally jammed the seatbelt in the door. The seatbelt had jammed in such a way that the metal piece of the belt that clicks in was wedged between the car exterior and the door. I tried to open the door to get it out and it wouldn't open. I drove to work without a seatbelt and when I got there I had to climb over the console and out the pa

2.

Font - When I got off work I tried to open from the outside to get in and still no luck. Once again I opened the passenger door and climbed into the driver's seat. I drove my car to the dealership the next day and pulled up to the service station. I rolled down my window and told the mechanics what happened. The guys all had a good laugh and told me they've never seen something like this before. They all tried to pull it open and couldn't. They told me that I could set up an appointment and they

3.

Font - I took my car to another shop that specializes in welding and odd jobs. I get up to the shop and a guy walks out to talk to me. I roll down my window to tell him what happened. He looks at my door in silence for about ten seconds then puts his arm through the window. He hits the unlock button and grabs the door handle and pulls. The door opens. We look at each other and I'm completely dumbfounded. I think he couldn't believe what he just witnessed. I get the hell out of there as fast I ca

4.

Facial expression - TL;DR I jammed my seatbelt in the car door. I couldn't get the door to open. I took my car to a few mechanics and got quotes for tearing off and replacing the door. The last mechanic realized that my door was locked and had nothing to do with the seatbelt being jammed. 4 20.4k 3 536 ↑, Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment