Wednesday, October 21, 2020

People's "Screw This, I'm Out" Moments


Sometimes we find ourselves in situations that are intolerable, and we can only ask ourselves how the hell we got there. It could be a nasty relationship, an overdemanding and underpaying job, or just an absolutely creepy situation. At some point in one's life it's likely they'll have a "screw this, I quit" moment.

1.

Text - greenburg 29.2k points - 4 days ago 2 Some young woman and an old lady were arguing about stolen underwear in our communal laundry room. Young woman called for her cracked out boyfriend who came running in with a gun drawn screaming bloody murder. Noped right out. Then moved out that weekend.

2.

Text - GivingUpthe_Ghost 27.6k points · 4 days ago · edited 4 days ago Recently I was hired by a company to be a foreman. My job was laid out in my interview as follows: Plant maintenance and welding. I would run a crew of 4 guys and do odd jobs at a potato plant 10 miles from my house. This is what I have done for other various companies for the last 15 years. After taking the job they asked me to help another foreman doing the same thing at a different potato plant about 80 miles away. I agree

3.

Text - cyainanotherlifebro 26.0k points · 4 days ago · edited 4 days ago S I was hired as a temp, on day 91 I was told 2 that they in fact didn't have to hire me after 90 days and they were gonna keep me on as a temp. I clocked out for lunch and never went back.

4.

Text - MtnBikingViking 18.7k points · 4 days ago · edited 4 days ago S Not really so much a fuck this shit moment as confirmation of fuck this shit... Sr. Software engineer role at a leading telecom in USA. One of 3 new devs to join the team. Manager decided it would be best to rotate support between the 3 newbies. Issues every night, some times all night. Huge pressure to work 60+ hour weeks with totally unrealistic goals. After a few months I realized this wasn't just a crunch period, this was

5.

Text - Therewasab34m 16.0k points - 4 days ago · edited 4 days ago E O A 6 3 & 26 More I was a shift lead at a fast food joint located inside of a gas station. Our manager was worthless at hiring people, so we were perpetually understaffed for months. I was working 50-60 hours a week. Absolutely ridiculous. However, company policy was that there HAD to be two people working at all times. This particular day, someone called out. Nobody would come in to cover the shift, so the manager was forced t

6.

Text - acheron53 14.8k points · 4 days ago · edited 4 days ago 3 I was unemployed and had a job interview for a cable installer position. The position advertised for $20 an hour, 40+ hours a week, and benefits so it seemed like a pretty good deal. I get to the interview and find out its actually 2 interviews; a group interview followed by 1 on 1 interviews with the hiring manager. In the group interview, HM explains that the position was actually minimum wage and commission. He also explains tha

7.

Text - Caspers_Shadow 14.2k points · 4 days ago · edited 3 days ago 2 2 e2 & 5 More I worked at produce market when I was in college. I really, really needed the job. I literally had empty cabinets and only one shelf of food in the fridge on a regular basis. I had been working weekday evenings only for a couple of months, but picked up a Saturday shift. I was helping a customer and the owner walked up and interrupted our conversation: "Is that your yellow car in parking lot?" Me: "Yes". Her (wit

8.

Text - Trumpsyeruncle 9.8k points · 4 days ago I was roofing and getting paid by the day, after a few months I asked to get paid piece work. My pay for that week was about double and the boss said he had to put me back to daily rate next week..I said goodbye and started my own business.

9.

Text - AnAquaticowl 1.1k points · 4 days ago Just finished setting up my tent in some woods in Croatia when a man in camo ran out from the woods across the street and reentered the forest a few feet from me. I said hello to him and he crouched down, staring at me silently. Then a group of similarly dressed people came out from across the street and ran past us further into the forest. Assuming they were going to come back while I was asleep and murder me I broke down my tent and hitchhiked to a

10.

Text - Damn_Dog_Inappropes 6.7k points · 4 days ago I was working a particularly awful nursing home as a CNA. I was bullied by some of the other CNAS as well as one terrible nurse. I put up with it for a year and put in my 2w notice. I only told management, not the other staff. On my second to last day there, that nurse decided to scream in my face about some imaginary infraction. About an hour later I learned that the company that had bought the facility earlier in the year had decided anyone w

11.

Text - balance1807 6.3k points · 4 days ago I was about 17 and lived in a rural area. Used to hitchhike everywhere. One day I'm in the back of a car, 2 guys up front. They're talking kinda quiet. After a minute or two I hear one say 'ok but this time we'll go somewhere else'. Then he looks in the mirror at me. I looked away out the window, proper shitting my pants. As we went through a village we had to stop at a junction and I blurted something about a friend living nearby and I opened that doo

12.

Text - KDorau21 6.2k points · 4 days ago I took a job in college as a camp counselor at my town's summer camp. It was my first time ever working with kids, I wanted to make sure I was nice, but also still considered by them as an authority figure. I worked really hard at being accessible, fun, and responsible. We got our mid-summer performance evaluations. Everything scaled on 1-5, 1 being bad, 5 being great. Leadership, attitude, engagement, etc. All the usual stuff. My supervisors sat me down

13.

Text - xXtr3m3XxReview 4.3k points · 4 days ago When my boss told me I didn't have the nerve to quit my job. Handed my notice in 10 minutes after he said it.

14.

Text - gemini_vision 4.1k points · 4 days ago I was on the third date with this guy I really liked. We started making out on his couch, things started steaming up and that's when it began. The baby voice. He couldn't stop talking to me in a baby voice. I was out.

15.

Text - Rachel1578 1.4k points · 4 days ago When 8th graders had me crying into my pillow every night and drinking wine every time I could. I quit teaching and joined a lab.

16.

Text - Dexterous_Baroness 1.4k points · 4 days ago I was at the first day of a job at a fiberglass place. I was working in a section unloading trailers. There was an incident with a forklift that resulted in a broken hand. Then I got absolutely covered in fiberglass dust. They didn't provide masks and I could feel the grit on my teeth. Everyone acted as if this was normal and even said the forklift driver was one of their safest drivers. By lunch, I said to myself, "If one more thing is blatantl

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment