Friday, October 9, 2020

People Describe Their Paranormal Experiences


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about people's wildest paranormal experiences. Can we also take a minute to appreciate just how terrifying that dude's story about his Tinder date is? Paranormal or not it sounds like he had a very close brush with something extremely shady. 

1.

Text - Midtenn86 • 14h 2 Awards My father died less than 6 months after my daughter was born. She was not a good sleeper for her first year or so. Waking up screaming and crying at all hours of the night. My wife and I would trade times getting up to soothe her. One evening not too long after my father past I was having a dream that my daughter was screaming in her bedroom. In the dream I got up and went to her room, but before I got there my dad came out of the room and just said, "she'll be ok

2.

Text - LadyBernVictim • 14h My husband and I stayed at a super old hotel in Santa Fe, NM. At the time I did not really believe in paranormal things/ghosts, mainly because nothing had ever happened to me. The old room we were staying in had this decorative wooden chair that had a slanted seat. I took note of the slant, because I wound up putting my computer bag on this chair and felt comfortable doing so-- I'm super careful with my electronics, and the slanted seat made it so my bag slid all the

3.

Text - My husband and I were laying in bed in the dark talking, almost falling asleep, when suddenly we hear a super loud SLAM! It was so loud, we shot awake and turned on the light. There on the OTHER SIDE of the room, a good 10 or 15 feet from the chair, was my computer bag. It was like someone had lifted it and threw it down, there's no way it just "fell" off the chair that far away (and the chair seat was slanted, it would be hard for anything to just fall off it!). And it was a SLAM to the

4.

Text - The next morning my husband asked the front desk if the hotel was known to be haunted, and the guy just laughed and said "oh what, did you see the little girl?" Reply 842 ...

5.

Text - Lexocracy • 13h I was visiting family and staying in a hotel with my boyfriend (husband now). The first night there we went to bed and I woke up in the middle of the night facing the window. I noticed there was a dark shadow in the corner of the room that looked human shaped. After staring a while I realized it must have been a floor lamp since that corner was kind of bare and that's the logical choice. I rolled over and went back to bed. The following morning I remembered this and turned

6.

Text - UltraRunner42 • 15h 5 Awards I had a friend who was very sick at the hospital this past Spring (not Covid, but sepsis from an operation on his back). I went to bed, and in that in-between stage where you're not awake and not quite asleep, I could sense him standing by the side of my bed. We said a few words to each other, and then he hugged me. When I woke up the next morning, I found out that he'd passed not long after l'd gone to bed. Many people would say it was just a dream, but I kno

7.

Text - cantuseasingleone • 15h Not mine but one I think of a lot. I was at work one night and my mom was visiting my newborn son and wife. I get home and my mom tells me she heard my dad talking to my son. My dad died 8 years prior but she swears up and down it was his voice. My wife heard it too but never met my dad, so she couldn't say much about it. Just that it was a mans voice. Then it happened again when my daughter was born. I really want to believe my dad is watching the kids grow up but

8.

Text - SalzyJ 16h S 2 Awards l'll add my own in here. I once was laying in my bed with my dog at the foot of it. I was on the cusp of sleep when suddenly my dogs pop her head up and locks on to something in the middle of my room. Her head then slowly turns and follows something I cant see. Her head stops again and my backpack gets knocked over, after having been in the same spot for hours. Then all of the sudden a loud BANG on my bedroom window (I was on the second floor of the house). I ran out

9.

Text - DemandParticular • 15h Back when I lived in my very first apartment I would hear what sounded like a little child calling for their parent. Now at first I thought it was genuinely some kid who was lost because the complex was big enough for a kid to wander off from their parents. But the voice seemed to always be right next to me. It wasn't until I moved out that I found out a little girl was killed by her abusive father in the 80s. TDLR: Little ghost girl was calling for her dad Reply 1

10.

Text - MartytheeParty • 14h Weird you posted this today. I am a real estate broker and flip houses. We buy old beat up houses, some of them are the worst of the worst as you could imagine. Anyway we bought one and went to see it today. It had been vacant for 10 years and when we went inside there was a blood stain on the floor. Come to find out that somebody killed themselves in that house 10 years ago. Pretty creepy. My partner and I were taking walkthrough videos to share with our contractors

11.

Text - dog_under_water • 13h A couple of years ago I had a dream reliving one of my childhood experiences where I was playing with my cousin and at the end of the dream when he was getting ready to go home, I said goodbye to him and for some reason it felt different that time. A couple of days later he ended up passing away due to Sudden death syndrome. (basically a heart attack but he was 25 so it was very unusual) 3 years later to this day, every 2-3 weeks, I'm having very vivid dreams where I

12.

Text - MickeyMouse789 • 15h Idk if this is paranormal but it's definitely a bit freaky. So it was just a normal night, I go to bed. I'm still a youngish kid and I end up having a dream. So it was my uncle who came to me in this dream and his face was caved in and he had blood all over him, his arms and legs were broken. All this gory stuff. Anyway, I have this dream and he says to me take care of your mother (so this is my mums older brother). Anyway mum comes and wakes me up in the middle of th

13.

Text - SirLeos • 15h The only paranormal thing that have happened to me and I really, really don't know how it was possible happened at my aunt's place when I was a kid. Every once in a while, we went to her house and stayed the night and I always ended up sleeping on the couch/ sofa. Well, this was an old house with a room full of creepy dolls and the likes but with those nothing weird happened (although my cousins would say that the dolls moved around). It had two floors with a stair in the mi

14.

Text - Ahnamal • 15h I was hanging out on a friends back porch in a suburban neighborhood with a few people, maybe three other people, it was about dusk. This was during high school so before 2005. The back porch faced our over a small creek valley of open space. A blue green ball of light came zooming in over the open space from the left and stopped about 100 feet away, maybe 40 feet off the ground. It was maybe the size of a soft ball. Then it zoomed over to about 15 feet away and 15 feet up i

15.

Text - koolturkey • 14h So me and my buddy are 14ish, we are sitting in his living room playing pokemon and watching T.V. When out of the blue his sister who was 15 comes running in the room crying like a 3 year old who dropped her ice creamcone. After a short time she calms down enough to get us to follow us in her room. she was in a A.P. flute class and had to record herself playing some music. She had left the record botton playing, and in that blank space she had recorded a clear as day youn

16.

Text - Tiouls • 14h Well, I'm not sure if it is really paranormal but have a weird instinct. For example, when I was a teen I missed my job three times juste because I couldn't force myself to go. Every time, there was a shooting, either at my job or on the route I would've taken to get there. Another day, out of the blue I decided at the last minute to spend the night at my aunt's place for the first time, so I informed the people I use to carpool with everyday and get out of the car. Important

17.

Text - _Illuminati_ • 12h I'm a pilot, one time I was flying and I saw this bright Orange glowing thing hovering over the trees. It was kind of bouncing around like if you had a ball on an elastic string and you just bounced it around and whatnot. Anyways, since my course would have brought me near it I asked Air Traffic Control if they saw anything on their radar which they said no. They asked me what I saw so I described it and they said they weren't showing anything and were not aware of any

18.

Text - magusjosh • 14h I've told this one before, but it's woth a retelling. One summer while I was in college, I was acting as RA for a small two-story, 15-room dorm that was housing a couple of students for the summer. One evening, the three of us were sitting in the first floor lounge watching a movie when we heard a female voice very clearly call my name from upstairs, twice. All three of us heard it, and we went to look together (because we were all scared out of our skulls and none of us w

19.

Text - Definitely_Not_Frodo • 15h Oh i have a few! I'll go with this one though: I went to the movies with my pals in HS and carpooled with a few to get there. I drove. The film: The Evil Dead. Movie ended, they were all going to get some food but I had to get home. The guys I drove were gonna go home with some of the others. It was getting late so I took the backroads that I knew I could speed on. I get onto X road that's like, 6 miles long, and someone had his brights on. I flash him a few tim

20.

Text - -AboveAverageJoe • 16h I don't know if this qualifies as paranormal per se, but I was home alone one weekend, and decided to make myself scrambled eggs for breakfast. Took a full carton out of the fridge. Grabbed an egg, cracked it. Went to a grab a second egg, only to notice the carton was...full. Again. I just stood there and stared at the full carton for a few seconds (expecting one to disappear maybe? Idk), then I just threw them all out. Wasn't gonna fuck around with phantom eggs. Th

21.

Text - CleverlyCoathanger • 14h My sister had a horse doll that moved around on it's own. Needless to say, we were both freaked out. No way someone was moving it, because nobody was around to move it at 4am when I decided to fact check her theory. Due to high demand, I figured l'd elaborate a little further. My memory is fuzzy because this all happened over a decade ago. Anyway, here's those extra details: to fact check whether or not my sister was telling the truth, I went around the house at n

22.

Text - girls-pmmeyournudes • 15h I can see the future sometimes. It's fucking weird as shit. Not like deja vu, but also exactly like deja vu at the same time. I'll have a dream and not think much about it except "oh that was pretty realistic" then what happened in the dream will actually happen. It's usually like 10 seconds. I don't really talk about it though because people will think l'm insane or exaggerating. It's fucking weird. Happens like once or twice a month. Reply 743

23.

Text - habitualinesteppa • 16h Felt really uneasy one night so I went downstairs to sleep instead of in my room. The next day everyone in my family said they saw an ominous orb of light floating around. Reply 204

24.

Text - Zknot • 16h I was asleep and experiencing sleep paralysis so dreaming/hallucinating. A boy at the end of the bed was taunting me with poking my foot he hadn't quite touched my foot yet but was going to. It carried on for a while I couldn't move then he hit my foot and at that exact moment my partner kicked me in the foot in her sleep. I've never been able to figure out how my hallucinating matched up with a real life real time moment. I consider it to be paranormal. Reply 277 ...

25.

Text - HahaAaronGoBurr • 15h I used to live in Cambodia. While I was there, I saw a silhouette of a man, but made of smoke; I got scared, and bought a machete; brought the machete home with me (to the U.S.); moved (to somewhere else in the U.S.), and put almost everything I owned into a barn during the move. The barn, and all of its contents burned. I recovered the blade of the machete from the burned barn, and put it in a toolbox which I kept in my room. I am 100% sure I shut, and latched the l

26.

Text - wid89 • 16h 3 5 Awards I went on a Tinder date a couple of years ago. Everything started out relatively normal. We met at a nice downtown restaurant for dinner. She was even prettier in person and the conversation was flowing. However, it didn't take long for me to realize she was a super private person. For example, she would not tell me her last name, where she worked, or say anything about her family. She made it clear that she was protecting herself, and honestly, I don't blame her. I

27.

Text - She explained that she recently moved into a new apartment. She lived alone, which was also a new thing. Though she couldn't put her finger on it, she was convinced there was a presence of a sinister and paranormal nature in her apartment. She had hardly slept since she moved in because she was plagued with constant nightmares and strange occurrences. I could see the fear and exhaustion in her eyes. She seemed quite sincere. "I can tell you're a good guy," she said. She elaborated that I

28.

Text - I was really taken aback by this. It's not every day I get asked to spend the night with a beautiful woman whom I just met. I figured she was either telling the truth or she picked a really odd way to initiate something intimate. Either way, the night would be interesting. We talked for a bit longer and I agreed to spend the night with her. I followed her home, and when I walked into her apartment I was immediately struck with bad vibes. There was just something ominous about that place.

29.

Text - Slowly I opened the door. I looked to my left, then to my right. Nothing. I walked downstairs to check out the rest of the apartment. Nothing. I went back upstairs to check the bathroom and the guest bedroom. Nothing. When I walked out of the guest room, which was right across from my date's bedroom, I looked to my left and right again. At the end of the hallway, I saw a black, humanoid body standing there perfectly still. It was almost like a shadow, but I could discern that it was a thr

30.

Text - I ran back into my date's room. To my horror, she wasn't in bed where I left her. I called out her name, but there was no response. I had just walked through the entire apartment, so it literally made no sense to me that she wasn't there. The bed was low to the ground, so she couldn't be under it. The closet was opened too, and it was packed with boxes so I knew she wasn't there either. The window was shut tight, plus it was the second story. It was as if she vanished. I grabbed my things

31.

Text - bummydicc • 15h I was staying in The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado. Being a massive fan of The Shining, I was so excited to stay a night in the hotel that scared Stephen King so shitless, he wrote one of my favorite books. I was going to have my picture taken next to Room 217. The room is at the end of a verrrrry long hallway, and it was kept as it was while the rest of the doors had been obviously renovated. I was stood opposite side of the door handle, posing next to it with my

32.

Text - NordyNed • 16h I'm going to preface this by saying I don't believe in ghosts at all. But one night a couple months ago, I was washing a dish in my sink when suddenly two wrinkled hands with long nails grabbed my ankles and yanked backwards, hard. I dropped the dish and cried out in surprise, but the hands weren't there when I turned around. It happened at an angle that was impossible unless the person was laying on their stomach behind me. No markings were left on my ankles, but I felt it

33.

Text - 4inchoreo • 16h So I was walking downstairs one morning and I stopped after 2-3 steps when I heard the sound of a cabinet opening and closing. I looked at the kitchen and saw a cabinet opening and closing. And the previous night | stayed up late with one of my cousin and her friend, and I swear to God, while we were seeing what would happen if we turned off the lights and just sat there, I heard something call out my name. And when I went to bed that night, I had a dream where there was j

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment