Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Shady Restaurant Owner Scams People For Good Reviews


That is a low move, my dude. Scamming people for good reviews is as sleazy as it gets. Just don't do that. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge + Join u/Takemetothedumpster • 1d 1 Restaurant scams me for fake google reviews, I burn their google reviews page/ reputation to the ground and get the media to cover it. Hi folks, First post here, thought it would definitely fit.

2.

Text - So about a month ago I applied for a sushi restaurant called Yoshi's and I got a text from their 'hiring manager,' and we chatted about my availability, location, start date, yada yada. She then asked me to write a 'review' of general japanese food to show I knew what I was talking about and could upsell customers. Fine, I write a long review and sent it to her.

3.

Text - She then sends my a tinylink url and tells me to post it there before I would be invited for an interview. I click it and what do you know? It's the google page for a whole different restaurant all the way across the city. So I read the reviews, and they had done this to 30 or so people in the last two weeks at the different locations franchised to the same crazy owner. I was pissed to say the least. This happened peak covid in my state, people are unemployed at staggering rates strugglin

4.

Text - Being unemployed, I had some time on my hands so I screenshotted our convo and posted it all over social media. They wen't from 3.4 to 1.2 in a few hours with more than 70 new reviews about their shitty behavior. I was satisfied with that, and a report to the attorney general here. But then I noticed, the owner had managed to get all the reviews removed, so at that point I went full nuclear.

5.

Text - I contacted every media outlet, reported them to every oversight board, emailed corporate about it, and reported them to google. I managed to get one of our local news outlets to cover it, and google ended up removing all of their reviews all together. Scam me and countless others during a global pandemic? I ruin your business's reputation for your shitty behavior.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment