Monday, September 7, 2020

Rude Customer Gives Warehouse Worker Attitude, Instant Karma Ensues


We'll never understand what compels customers to be rude for no reason. It's clearly some unfortunate manifestation of whatever inner turmoil is boiling beneath their surface. That being said, this particular customer decided to give some perfectly kind and helpful warehouse workers a whole lot of attitude, when he went to pick up his couch. So, they decided to approach the situation with some nice malicious compliance. Can't imagine what that customer's face looked like when he realized his new couch had flown out the back of his truck. 

Check out another tale of malicious compliance with this manager who tried to fire an employee for following the rules, right before it backfired in glorious fashion.

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance u/DarklyNear • 2y + Join You can't tell a customer what to do.... even if it results in $9,000 with of damage The Customer Is Always right, right? The was the attitude of all upper management at the company I used to work for. Despite us warehouse workers having the entire system down pat... the customers who would pick up their goods always seemed to know better. At first it was small things: • telling us how to bag a lounge properly, as they watched and corrected u

2.

Text - demanding that we open up an item, exposing it to the dirty elements in the warehouse , then throwing a tantrum and expecting us to clean that item we just unwrapped and re package it Which became bigger things like customers abusing us if we wouldn't load up a product, or hurry up with unloading something... usually resulting in an injury for one of the warehouse workers. Naturally I would always try and reason with customers, which would result in customer complaints, which resulted in

3.

Text - The email finished with a morale boosting statement that - if any feedback or complaints against a worker involving correcting or contradicting a customer made it's way to the AM , that worker would be written up with an official warning. A few weeks later we had a transfer from our interstate warehouse, included in that transfer was a stack of customer pick ups. I signed off on the transfer paper and the sales associates began calling customers and organising pickups. Most of the pickups

4.

Text - He scans the warehouse and clicks his fingers at me. I reluctantly walk over and he stares at me expectantly. Me - yes sir ? WPMC - you have my sofa Me - are you picking up sir ? WPMC - well I won't be picking anything up... you boys are going to load it. He chuckles as he says this. Me - well sir, as the sales associate would have told you, warehouse staff are unable to load anything up, and it's the customers responsibility – -- WPMC - ( cuts me off ) yeah yeah yeah I'm sure your manage

5.

Text - I sigh and check the paperwork... this guy has a four seater sofa bed... heavy, cumbersome, and will definitely be too big for the vehicle he's selected. WPMC see's me checking the paperwork and smirks WPMC - just do what I say and it'll be easier for all of you Me - and what would you like us to do? WPMC - load it up, and l'll take it from there Me - okay sir, just sign the paper work WPMC signs off on the pickup and that he's taking responsibility for transporting his goods. Myself and

6.

Text - I make an attempt to see if this guy needs any more help and he snaps at me - WPMC - I got this chief. Let me do my thing. I shrug. The guy "salutes us" jumps into his car, without strapping anything down. I go to stop him and offer him some straps. But he slams the car into drive and begins driving at break neck speed towards the exit area and towards the main road. Me and the boys watch, holding our breath as the jackass takes a turn at full speed, the sofa kicks up a bit, slams into th

7.

Text - The warehouse erupts in laughter, as a sales associate rushes out to see what the commotion was. A few minutes later the AM is on the phone wanting to know what happened. I politely explain that the customer asked us to load up and only load up... and that he was happy to take care of the sofa once it was in the back of his truck. There was a pause and I also happily pointed out that I could bring the signed off / completed customer pickup form to the AM's office. Another long pause and t

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment