Friday, August 21, 2020

Owner Short Changes Workers, Learns Their Lesson


Owners that go and short change their hard working employees to save an extra buck, are the worst. Just play by the rules and nobody has to suffer. Fortunately, we think this owner learned their lesson. 

1.

Text - Short change your workers? It might just come back to haunt you! For context, I started work at a frozen yogurt shop (Menchies) at age 14. Here in the U.S, there's loads of laws governing how much and how often those under the age of 16 can work, but many employers are willing to ignore it simply because their employees don't know any better. Anyways, fast forward a few months and I'm basically the #1 employee for any job nobody else will do (because being 14 at the time I thought that my

2.

Text - So I put in my two weeks at the beginning of the pay period, so that my last day would also be payday. When that fateful last day rolled around, I collected my check and started my shift as usual. Another thing you should know is my location had a tip jar, but the employees got none of the tips. It all went straight to management at the end of the pay period, supposedly so they could divide it up equally (they didn't) between the employees. Before closing, I took the entire jar FULL of bi

3.

Text - I never heard from her again. I'm guessing she decided that a few hundred in tips was easier to replace than a few grand in fines for breaking labor laws; but I got the last laugh. You see, even after she left me alone, I still reported her to corporate. Not sure exactly what happened, but long story short that location is now owned by corporate, and is no longer a franchise. TL;DR: was short changed out of a lot of pay, so I screwed the sh*tty owner of my location over

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment