Friday, August 14, 2020

Man's Day Is A Rollercoaster Of Fails


Sometimes life gets inspired and decides to throw us all the curveballs, and we just can't keep up with them. This poor dude ended up fielding a mess of a day. It's the unlucky days filled with struggles that make the actual, rare good days taste that much sweeter though. This dude's struggles might help keep your own in perspective; or at the very least, help you forget about what kind of unfortunate nonsense could be plaguing your existence. 

1.

Text - So how did it begin? Wel... 1. Last night at around 5 pm, I broke an aquarium at work (worth about $60.) 2. Cleaning up, minor cut to my thumb. Very shallow, so I pick off the dead skin. Ripped a layer of flesh off, and now have an exposed nerve ending, that is relatively small, but doesn't go away, and it is sharp pain, so I can't pretend it's not there. |

2.

Text - 3. For the first time in 6 months working there, I brought something home with me by accident in my pocket (happens to others regularly). It was the last glass vial we have to test for ammonium. 4. Get home to find a massive crotch rip in my favorite pair of jeans. Go to store to get thread, needle, pins, and denim patch. 5. Realize I forgot thread. I was depressed before, but being pissed starts now.

3.

Text - 6. couldn't focus on any work, got nothing done, but somehow managed to not realize I stayed up til Ten, when I wanted to go to sleep by Nine. (need to wake up at 5 am) The bad shit should have ended with that day. Nope. 7) woke up 45 minutes late since I got to bed an hour late. 8) go to make morning tea to bring with me to school. Realize I forgot my mug at school.

4.

Text - 9) Leave house without coffee, or tea, only to also forget breakfast because l'm pissed. 10) 20 minutes late. 11) realize I also forgot my belt when I get to the gym. Now for the rest of the day, l'm going to feel like I have plumber's crack, whether it's true or not. 12) No hot water at all in the locker room. a cold shower I can take, but there was a water break in the middle of winter. The water we had was ~45 degrees F. cold water showers are generally ~60-70 degrees F.

5.

Text - 13) Walking to car, fall on the ice for the 6th time at this god damn university which does almost nothing to clear ice off the sidewalks on the hills. They DO clear the ice off of the flat ground for some fucking reason. 14) Remember that glass vial I brought home? The last one we had in the lab? Guess what was in my pocket?I now have broken glass in my pocket. 15) get to diner, REFUSING to let the bad shit get me down, and determeined to change my day around with a good hot breakfast. I

6.

Text - 16)l order a pulled pork sandwich instead, because l'm still determined to have a good day. They are out of pulled pork. 17) Ordered a hot tea to drink with lemon. Remember how I broke an aquarium, and cut my thumb? T had a lemon slice in my tea. I squeezed the juice into my tea. Yep. 18) breakfast sucked.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment