Monday, August 31, 2020

Lying Choosing Beggar Pays More Than He Bargained For


Man, oh, man, this was one especially cheeky choosing beggar. They tried to pull a fast one on that seller with some last minute haggling, but ultimately failed hard. Hopefully they learned their lesson in honesty and integrity. Check out another case of a choosing beggar being a handful with this choosing beggar that wanted an iPad for $40 and free delivery.

1.

Text - r/ChoosingBeggars u/MAStersOfTheUn1verse • 1d Join 1 Lying CB ends up paying more than he bargained for LONG Just a small CB but it pleased me how it worked out. TL;DR at the end as I realise I can waffle on. My mother in law was downsizing and had a decent office chair to get rid of, fully adjustable with lumbar support and all that jazz. If I'm honest I really wanted it but I don't have an office/study or anywhere to put it, my desk is my dining room table.

2.

Text - She was originally going to drop it off at a charity shop but they couldn't take it as they don't have fire tags (in the UK a charity shop can't take furniture with any type of upholstery on them with out a safety tag on it to show it is fire retardant). So the missus suggest she list them on Facebook and try and get some money for it so MIL could either treat herself or donate the money to the charity. Now if you were to buy one of these chairs new it would probably cost £150ish, it was

3.

Text - Interested buyer messages my wife, who created the listing so MIL wouldn't have to deal with negotiation and asks if they would accept £25 for one of the chairs. MIL says yes that's fine if they could collect roday, so my wife passes this on and asks when will you come and collect? A time was set for collection later in the day and all was well. The chairs were at MIL's house and my wife was at our house and so all communication was relayed between text message. About 30 minutes before th

4.

Text - They said they would be there at the agreed time, they turned up at mother in law's house and they must have known from my wife's profile picture that when they met the mother in law it wasn't who they had been negotiating with and asked to look at the chair, sit on it etc. With a smile on his face he tried to hand over £13, when my mother in law said that the price was £25 the guy must have took a stab in the dark and said "Your daughter said we could have it for £13 as we have traveled

5.

Text - The CB, seeing his discount chair being pushed back into the house then offered to pay £20 saying "£20 is all I have" and then offered the previously agreed £25 for the chair. I was still on the phone at this point and could hear what my mother in law was saying but not what the Choosing Beggar was saying. I heard her say "as you have said, you've come a long way to pick it up, if you don't want to go home empty handed it was originally listed for £30." CB reluctantly paid £30 and took hi

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment