Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Evangelists Get Out-Religioned By Dad


Man, you don't hear stories like this every day. Usually it's just the evangelists knocking on a bunch of people's doors and annoying them as they try to dispense their precious pamphlets. In this case, the evangelists met their match, and then some. They literally end up being chased away. Way to go Dad. 

1.

Text - r/tifu u/Insanim8er • 20h + Join O 1 9 1 1 1 Tifu by allowing my dad to answer my front door to some evangelists. L This wasn't today. It was about 11 years ago, but it's one of those stories that l'll probably tell at my dad's funeral. At the time I owned a 4 plex that I was remodeling. I moved into one of the units while doing the work. It's located on one of the main street in a busy historic neighborhood in walking distance to a lot, so there's a lot of foot traffic, cars, restaurants

2.

Text - My dad was in town staying with me a few days to help do some work. It was morning. I'm in the kitchen making breakfast when there is a knock on my front door. My dad, still wearing his PJ bottoms and a robe with crazy curly puffy morning hair opens the door. On my porch stood a few people, 4. They were well dressed and an even mix of both woman and a men. They looked like they were heading to church. That's because they were. They were Jehovah's Witnesses who decided to make some rounds

3.

Text - However, my family is religious. My dad is 7th day Adventist. He reads the Bible religiously. And he loves getting into conversations about religion any chance he can. He's also one of those types of people that gets VERY "passionate," or overly excited, about things he believes in and preaches about. Basically, He gets very loud and very animated, and unfortunate for these people, he is very knowledgeable and passionate of the Bible. When he gets this way, people get taken aback, or plai

4.

Text - These poor souls had no idea they had just knocked on Pandora's box. A woman begins by introducing the group and explaining their mission. Basically they just wanted to hand out a pamphlet and invite people to their church or arrange time to discuss their religion. As soon as she offers my dad the pamphlet he starts: Dad: "I'm going to stop you right there. I understand these pamphlets cost you money to print, so I wouldn't want you to waste one on me, so you can keep that. I am a devout

5.

Text - At this point he's calm and collected and not intimidating or excited, but then comes the question accompanied by the beginning of his "manic "passionate" mode." Dad: "Do you believe in the Bible?" The response was Yes Dad: "Do you believe in the 10 commandments?!" The response was Yes Dad: "You're lying! If you believe in the Bible and the 10 commandments, why do you not honor the Saturday Sabbath?"

6.

Text - – side note, 7th day Adventist's believe the Bible refers to Saturday as the true sabbath not Sunday. - He then goes into scripture about the sabbath and how the Bible says the true Sabbath is on Saturday and not Sunday as most believe...etc. And he's full blown manic at this point. The people were taken aback and responded with something, I don't remember tbe response. But it wasn't good enough for my dad. Dad: "DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE COMMANDMENTS?!!" Now the group realizes they stepped o

7.

Text - They're not even acknowledging him at this point. They just want to be as far away as possible. My dad half way closed the door and frantically looks for his slippers and bible. By the time he gets them they're on the sidewalk. He runs outside to the end of my walk-remind you still in his PJ pants, Robe and crazy morning hair and a VERY busy area-literally screaming at them while waving his bible around as they start moving much faster this time, "DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE 10 COMMANDMENTS????

8.

Text - I'm inside absolutely dying because I know him. I know how he is and gets. I could tell they were terrified of him because he was acting nuts. To me, it was absolutely hysterical seeing them almost at a full run trying to get away from my dad while he's running towards them screaming at the top of his lungs in his PJ and Robe with messy hair waving his bible in the air screaming, "DO YOU BELIEVE IN THE TEN COMMANDMENTS?!?!?" AlIl while surrounded by a very busy area. My dad calmly walks b

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment