Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Demanding Customer Wastes Their Own Time for Four Cents


Sure, if the hill you're willing to die on costs four cents out of the charity bin, go ahead and die on that hill. Customers sometimes make demands with stupid implications, like this customer who wanted a pound of chicken wings and got less wings or this guy who demanded to ride in a go kart with no engine.

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance · Posted by u/Wraith347 7 hours ago Cuss me out over pennies? Oh, you'll get your pennies. oc M Longtime lurker, so I thought I'd share my favorite story from my time in foodservice, years and years ago. I was a shy, quiet 15-year-old when I first started working at a certain fast food restaurant in my small town. Then I encountered the general public. Many of the morning rush customers were super kind regulars who I got to know and liked. But then there was Penny Gu

2.

Text - Penny Guy was not a regular. He placed his order with no initial sign of anything out of the ordinary. His change came to twenty-nine cents. "No pennies," he said gruffly. "You don't want your pennies, sir?" I confirmed. This was not unusual. We had a charity donation box right by the cash register where customers often left unwanted change, or had us deposit it. "Don't give me any damn pennies." The guy was glowering at me now. "Of course, sir." I handed him his quarter. I dropped the pe

3.

Text - I was caught off guard. "I'm sorry sir, but I can't give back extra change. We donate what customers don't want, and it all goes to Charity. I apologize for the confusion." My drawer had to be correct at the end of the day, so this was absolutely true. Well, that was not all right. He went on a very loud tirade about how cheap our restaurant was and how ridiculous it was to round down. He called me a cheap-ass bitch. Then he demanded his pennies back. “YOU WON'T RIP ME OFF LIKE THIS!! GIV

4.

Text - I put on my sweetest smile. "Only the store manager has the keys to the donation box. Give me just a minute and I'll go get her." At this point, one of the regulars behind Penny Guy speaks up. "Don't make her do that. Here's your pennies." He offers PG some pennies from his own pocket. Penny Guy's face flushes and he mumbled about it being the principle of the thing. My coworker was managing the line so I decided that this man was going to get his pennies. It took a minute to explain what

5.

Text - Every now and then, when a new customer came to the till, I'd look over at Penny Guy and assure him, "Don't worry sir, the manager will be here shortly to return your four pennies from the donation box." This earned him a few looks while he waited. When my manager finally came to the front, we opened the donation box while the busy store watched. We counted out four pennies and handed them back over to a now very red- faced and much quieter man. "I'm so sorry for the confusion," I told hi

6.

Text - Every now and then, when a new customer came to the till, I'd look over at Penny Guy and assure him, "Don't worry sir, the manager will be here shortly to return your four pennies from the donation box." This earned him a few looks while he waited. When my manager finally came to the front, we opened the donation box while the busy store watched. We counted out four pennies and handed them back over to a now very red- faced and much quieter man. "I'm so sorry for the confusion," I told hi

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment