Thursday, May 21, 2020

Roommate Tries To Blackmail, Pro Revenge Ensues


Man, these people handled an otherwise nitty gritty situation with a testy roommate in such a way that the pro revenge was swift and successful. And on top of that we get a nice dose of supreme pettiness. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge u/revengetale • 13h + Join Roommate blackmailed us and almost lost us our apartment, so we played dirty. So, my friend and I were in our second year of college together, and were roommates. We were both transfers and going into senior year, and had been renting an apartment for the past year. The two of us had lived with three other people the first year, but they graduated and moved out. The apartment had two rooms, and a den with double doors that could be used for one pers

2.

Text - However, over the summer, Sherin started having second thoughts about living with Carrie. Apparently while living together they'd had some issues. Sherin called my friend and I and told us that apparently Carrie had pushed her down the stairs while they were living together, and she bought pepper spray and a taser just in case... According to Sherin, one night they thought they heard someone trying to break into their apartment and were standing at the top of the stairs listening, when Ca

3.

Text - Summer passes and fall arrives, Sherin is moving in. Carrie is planning on moving in a few days later. However, Sherin brings someone over to the apartment, and starts showing her around. She apparently wanted a roommate and wanted us to sign the new person onto our lease with an addendum, but she hadn't talked to us about it before. Apparently, she still didn't feel safe with Carrie around, and said she'd feel safer with a roommate. She told her potential roommate she hadn't known she'd

4.

Text - Unfortunately, our lease was going to expire soon and we needed to sign the lease renewal in a few days, and we couldn't get an addendum to sign the new person on until we signed the lease renewal. My friend and I had let the Sherin and Carrie know this in advance and they had agreed beforehand to sign it. If we didn't sign it in time, we would have to start an entirely new lease, and the price would go up a lot which we couldn't afford, so if we didn't sign our new lease agreement in tim

5.

Text - I told her I wasn't comfortable with this. So this is where the fun starts. Carrie seemed nice so far, and my friend and I were really uncomfortable with how Sherin was acting. She continued to move all of her stuff in while telling us her "conditions." We wouldn't agree to any of them, not only because there was no way to meet them under the rules of our apartment complex, but also because we weren't going to let this girl control us like that, and make us live with someone we didn't kno

6.

Text - My friend and I went to the office to let them know, so they wrote the addendum to take Sherin off of the lease. Everyone in the apartment had to sign it in order for it to be valid. My friend, Carrie and I signed it, and waited for Sherin to sign it after telling her it was ready. She went downstairs and signed herself off of the lease. After this, she came back up, and my friend and I informed her that we would not be signing her back onto the lease. She got really upset. She told us th

7.

Text - Sherin came back in with a smug look on her face and told me she had her mom on the phone and her mom wanted to talk to one of us. I took the phone and put it on speaker while my friend listened. Carrie went to her space and closed the door. When I answered the phone, Sherin's mom went off on me. She called me a bitch and told me to go to hell. I stayed calm and told her that I stood by the decision we made. She told me to go to hell several more times, then she told me Sherin had nowhere

8.

Text - The best part is that the girl who was going to be Sherin's roommate still needed a place to stay so we signed her onto the lease and helped her find a roommate. It was actually a fairly lengthy battle, but in the end we won our apartment back. Word of advice: don't sign people onto your lease months in advance, even if they will pay for their room while they're not there. People can make a lot of changes in a few months, and if they don't know you they won't care about fucking you over.

9.

Text - TL;DR: New roommate didn't want to sign lease renewal because she didn't trust another roommate, which would have left everyone without a place to live, so we tricked her into signing herself off of the lease with her under the impression we'd sign her back on. 1.3k 86 1 Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment