Friday, May 15, 2020

Common Sayings That Annoy People


Someone on AskReddit got a thread going about those common sayings that just grind people's gears. Many of us have that one thing that upon hearing it, just brings our blood to a boil. 

1.

White - bornk828 • 4h S 1 Award Live. Laugh. Love.

2.

Text - Kongbuck • 4h "Just kidding!" When you catch someone red handed doing something they shouldn't, and they dismissively say, "just kidding" as if it never happened and they're thus absolved of everything. It drives me up the wall. At least own up to it!

3.

Text - schadenfreudig_me • 4h 1 Award More recent "We're all in this together".

4.

Text - shopcounterwill • 5h "Hello. We're calling about your car's extended warranty."

5.

White - Born_Slippee • 3h 3 1 Award "Give 110 percent"

6.

Text - lamNurgle777 • 5h Nothing can stop a team. If you work your hardest you will succeed. stuff like that

7.

Text - llcucf80 • 5h 2 Awards The customer is always right. Reply 7.1k ...

8.

Text - AskAccount1234 • 4h Here's the kicker. I have no idea why but it does my head in.

9.

White - mpedno • 3h 3 1 Award No one: Literally no one: Мe:

10.

White - BOOPO • 5h 2 Awards "No offense – but" -

11.

Text - Gunch_Bandit • 4h My buddy vehemently opposes the word "anyways" claiming it is not a word and only "anyway" is acceptable.

12.

Text - grumpybatman4 • 4h 1 Award Idk if it really fits, but when people write "would of". It makes me hate people

13.

Text - GoodLordChokeAnABomb • 5h "Everything happens for a reason." Someone actually wrote this on Facebook to a family member of mine after she had a miscarriage.

14.

White - Heyitsj1337 • 4h Irregardless.

15.

Text - JaneEyreosmith • 4h It's just a word but I loath the term "hubby". It makes me want to claw my own face off and throw it at whoever said it.

16.

Text - TheBassMeister • 4h "If you cannot handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best".

17.

Text - Elias19990 • 4h "If they told you to jump off a cliff, would you?" It is always a false equivalence.

18.

Text - ToshiAyame • 3h "If it doesn't scan it's free!" No, Janet. If it doesn't scan, I can't sell it to you. It's not a posted policy, so get bent.

19.

Text - scaredandlesbian • 3h 1 Award I'm so OCD! or I'm just super anti-social. or any other time someone claims they have a mental illness they know nothing about.

20.

Text - Mercurial_Rhombus • 4h 'Just be positive.' Well, if I could I would.

21.

Text - Michael12390• 3h "think about everyone else that has much bigger problems than you and realize your problems aren't that big" something like that

22.

Text - ReaverRogue • 4h Every single piece of office jargon ever. Hits include: Let's put a pin in that Let me swivel chair that Nice to e-meet you (email exclusive) Our core values are Let's touch base I'll just ping you on X There's no "I" in team It's on my radar Hit the ground running Literally anyone that uses this crap in day to day speech needs a slap.

23.

Text - hot_bipolar_action • 5h 2 Awards "I could care less." This means that you care. What you meant to say is, "I couldn't care less." As in, you don't care. The irony hurts.

24.

Text - Lgonzalez0399• 3h "I don't know isn't an answer" Or the parent version of I don't know "Because I said so"

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment