Tuesday, August 15, 2023

'My vacation time for my sister's wedding was denied': Man questions whether or not he should quit over rejected PTO


Being in attendance at a family member's wedding is beyond important. Weddings are significant and should be treated as such. A Redditor named 
u/OfficerJayWalker shared a cringe-worthy story online about the way his job is handling his PTO request. He's the type of worker who goes above and beyond for his company. 

He's been loyal to his security job for seven years! As a single parent, he's always taken his work responsibilities seriously. He claims, "I show up on time, I wear my uniform, I do my job with professionalism, I do overtime when I can, and I am more knowledgeable about this place than a majority of our guards." 

Despite what a good worker he's consistently been, his PTO request to attend his sister's wedding was still denied. Now he's trying to figure out what his next move should be. Should he quit the job ahead of time because they're being unreasonable? Should he wait until the day of his sister's wedding to drop the bomb that he's done? He put in the request for time off two and a half weeks early, which should have been more than enough time for his management team to find coverage. Instead of working with him, he's now tempted to get out of there altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment