Thursday, August 10, 2023

'I took my speaker and set it as louly as possible': Dude gets revenge on neighbor for having loud phone conversations outside his window


Living next to people in close quarters is never going to be a good time... Having restful peace punctuated by someone else's noise at late or early hours is enough to drive even the most reasonable person insane. 

With a higher density population also comes the risk of increased opportunity for disturbance, what with having more neighbors living in tighter spaces giving higher chances that you'll end up next to someone who is clueless about how audible their noisemaking is or just plain old woefully entitled.

In university, one year, I had a studio apartment right next to another chap who must have had dreams of being a singer. I lost count of the number of late nights studying where I was unintentionally serenaded by his full-volume singing reverberating through the paper-tin wall between our rooms. I never mentioned it to him, and to be fair, I've had far worse neighbors in my life, and besides he was of the personality that I suspect he would have been mortified if I ever said anything, so I chose to suffer in silence, so that he could live out his diva dreams.

This dude's neighbor insisted on migrating to right outside his bedroom window in order to engage in her loud full-volume phone conversations. He quickly devised a plan to discourage her behavior. See his story below as he originally shared it with Reddit.

No comments:

Post a Comment