Thursday, April 6, 2023

'I placed [the check] behind a windshield wiper of the bin lorry': Scottish guy gets back at local parking enforcement by using their own tricks


Local parking enforcement agencies might be the root of all evil. Whether it's the local transport agency, council, or city government, as soon as that organization is responsible for parking, you can guarantee they will use bogus tickets, blatant hypocrisy, and outright bullying to ensure they can bleed as much money as possible from the population. 

But I should clarify that I'm biased here. If you've been reading these posts for a while, you might already be aware that I have a particular bone to pick with my local transport agency, who ticketed my car three times electronically after they mistakenly canceled my parking permit for parking in front of my own home. They had issued me $500 in fines before I even received the first letter and continued to ticket my car daily while refusing to accept any phone calls or other methods of attempted contact. Ultimately, I gave in to the bullying and extortion and paid the fraudulent fines so they'd stop ticketing me daily. 

That's why it's always cathartic to see a story like this from someone who actually managed to get one up on their local parking enforcement. This thread was shared on Reddit's r/MaliciousCompliance by Redditor u/Zenon_Czosnek, who shared how they managed to use the parking enforcement agencies' own tactics against them. 

Keep reading for screenshots of this story. For more, check out this entitled couple who tried to steal a deeded parking space from an old lady who then exacted glorious revenge.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment