Tuesday, April 25, 2023

'[He] told me he's planning on moving out soon': Mom oversteps, calls adult son's boss when he isn't home at expected time, causes rift


If there's one thing you don't want to happen at 21 years old… It's having your mother call your boss asking why you aren't home on time. Even if you're still living at home in your 20s, certain things need to be reassessed compared to how they were in your teen years.

This mother took matters into her own hands when her son failed to return home at the usual time after his shift had ended. She managed to procure the son's boss's number from her son's friend and proceeded to call the boss, enquiring about her son's wellbeing.

I can't imagine my mother keeping that close of tabs on my schedule at that age. Sure, it's only natural and respectful to ensure living with someone (even your parents) in their home as easy as possible; things like helping around the house, letting them know if you'll be home for shared meals, etc., are just common courtesies and make cohabitation much more pleasant. But, at no point would I expect my mother to know my exact whereabouts or even my work schedule. In certain workplaces, you would NEVER be able to live down your mother calling the boss. That would haunt you for your entire career in some trades. 

So, yeah, this overbearing mother was totally out of line with her concerns and actions. What's your take?

For more drama, check out this worker who exposed their boss's fraudulent print fee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment