Thursday, October 13, 2022

'The [two] girls had no idea that I even play': Friendly volleyball game gets turned on its head when newcomers take things too far


There's nothing worse than when someone takes a friendly competition way too far and ruins it by being overly competitive. I say this as someone who used to be toxically over-competitive. I cringe thinking about the nights of family bowling and board games I ruined in my teens with my toxic attitude. But, never fear, there is someone out there who never outgrew this behavior and is in their mid-thirties but still determined to beat their grandmother into the dirt during a family game of Croquet. I guarantee you know someone who is like this and I guarantee that you hate doing things with them. Maybe you are this person? If so this is your message that your friends and family hate doing things with you and are not in the slightest bit impressed that you won your family bowling night with a score of 129. 

Don't get me wrong, friendly and healthy competition is fun, and being super competitive at something can be awesome when it's in the right setting, and all parties are ready to engage with the activity in that way. But you have to read the damn room and realize when your behavior is not suited to the event at hand.

Anyways, this is a story about exactly what I've described above; Two newcomers take a friendly competition way too far and bring out the sleeping beast within. The story was originally posted to Reddit's r/MaliciousCompliance subreddit by Reddit user u/just_wanna_share.

Keep reading for the screenshots, check here for this client who wanted to pay 33% and so got 33% of a website.

No comments:

Post a Comment