Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Viral Thread: Worker Fired For Being Late For the First Time, Coworkers Take Action


A worker was fired for being twenty minutes late on their first time committing the offense. According to this viral Reddit thread, their angry coworkers have taken action and vowed to be late every day until the manager gives up and the worker is rehired.

This thread was posted to Reddit's r/antiwork subreddit by Redditor u/No_StopItStepbro, who shared the story of what was happening in their workplace. They then proceeded to post a lengthy update in the comments (Items #9-10.)

Other readers weighed in with their experiences and advice.

"In my last job, I was late one time in 6 years," shared user octobereighth. "It was a massive snowstorm. I left for work at 5:00 and was at my desk at 9:05."

"I didn't get fired, but I got a stern talking to that day, and the mfer actually wrote it into my annual review. That being on time was a performance goal for the next year because I was five minutes late one time in a day that took more than four hours to get to work."

"Imagine firing someone for being 20 mins late," remarked CsrfingSafari. "Not only are they potentially in financial peril with paying bills etc, but co-workers now have to do the job a person down. Honestly, some managers should be loaded into a cannon and fired into a break wall due to their short-sightedness. Good luck hope it works."

No comments:

Post a Comment