Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Unlucky Employee Finds HIS Job Listed Online, Owner Secretly Looking to Replace Them


An employee was casually browsing job listings online when they came across an all-too-familiar listing. The job was listed for the small company they work for (which has no capacity for any more employees) and described their exact role. 

The thread was posted to Reddit's popular r/antiwork subreddit by the user u/oldbuddyoldfriendpal with the title "found my employer's job posting on indeed to replace me." The subreddit, which deals in all kinds of employment-related content, often sees posts such as this where an employee has experienced something unfortunate in their workplace

Since its posting, the viral thread has received 53k upvotes and seen over 3500 comments. Comments have offered their condolences and even offered advice as to how the employee should best handle the situation. Others still shared their own similar stories and experiences. 

"Make him fire you so you can claim unemployment." suggested user marukatao.

"Same thing happened to me with a dentist. He asked me to do a job I'm not trained for, that you need certification for, and is 100% illegal for me to do without those documents. I said I wasn't comfortable doing those tasks, but I was willing to go back to school to get the accreditation. Guess who was let go?" shared Firethorn101.

The antiwork subreddit sees all kinds of stories such as this. Take for example this worker who was fired for refusing to come to work while sick.

See below for screenshots of the thread and more reactions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment