Friday, April 29, 2022

Military Wife Demands Salute According to Husband's Rank, Grunts Do As Commanded


This military wife commanded her husband's soldiers to salute her and the stickers on her vehicle, which led to a little tom-foolery from the soldiers who maliciously complied with their orders (as grunts are wont to do.)

As commenters have pointed out, what is it with the "Military Wife as an entire personality" stereotype? I suppose it's not an entirely unique phenomenon… people will build a personality around the darnedest things. Let's name a few, shall we?

Crossfit, Sports, Veganism, Career, Partner's Career, Fetishes, Fandom, Substances, Music, Gaming, Gym-Going (Do you even lift, bro?), Hobbies

There are undoubtedly some double-ups there, and you could distill them into specific categories or expound as much as you want to… but I'm not going to sit here and argue semantics. The point is that people build their personalities off of some weird doodads. I'm not specifically  trying to put Military Wives on blast here, so please don't flame this post ladies. The thing is, everyone does it during their adult life.

I'm not preaching from a pulpit here; I do it too. If you had known me from the ages of 16-21, you would have known me exclusively for the sport that I participated in. Hell, even now, I've just traded it in for a different sport and whatever "flavor of the month" hyperfixation I currently have.

We're all just a bunch of meatbags with electricity running through us, and we tend to get our circuits wired in particular ways. The tribalist part of us wants to identify with and as something to distinguish and differentiate ourselves from billions of other meatbag-batteries out there. Plus, there's a certain comfort to claiming a little slice of society as your "own."   

Tangent over. Scroll on for the full story. This one is certified gold and my intro hasn't done it justice. 

 

Thumbnail Image: Tim Mossholder 

No comments:

Post a Comment