Sunday, February 20, 2022

People Name The Worst Movies They Have Ever Watched


Have you ever walked out of a movie and felt utterly disrespected for the very fact that someone thought you might want to sit through it? Have you ever had a movie that you were waiting for in anticipation only to be let down from great heights?

I'm sure every one of us has a movie that we would love to tag onto this list. Mine, without doubt, is Jupiter Ascending. It is far, and above the enormous pile of garbage I have ever watched. I'm a massive fan of the Wachowski's earlier films and watched the Matrix more times than I can count as a teen, but their recent films have been imperfect. 

Nevertheless, I let myself get hyped up for Jupiter Ascending. Against better judgment. The promise of Sean Bean and a newly-awarded oscar for best actor Eddie Redmayne was too alluring. We went with a group of friends, going relatively blind to the rest of the details of the film. The bulk share of our group ended up walking out halfway through in utter dismay.

I'm a sucker for punishment and had never walked out of a film in my life at that point, so I stuck it through. My reward was a horribly CGI'd scene of wolf-man Channing Space Tatum moonwalking in a pair of space boots. Bland acting, b-movie CGI, and plot all around.

It's time to name and shame. What's the worst movie you've ever had the displeasure of viewing?

No comments:

Post a Comment