Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Girl Breaks Babysitter's Glasses, Dad Won't Replace Them


Can we open this one up by all agreeing that we should take responsibility for our actions? By extension, we should also take responsibility for the actions of those we are guardians of. 

Suppose my kid keys your car because you reversed into mine. Well, maybe you should have taken responsibility for hitting my car when it was parked in front of my house. Perhaps I, too, should take responsibility for my kid's actions.

Accidents happen, but you're still accountable for an action you are at fault for. That's just how society works. 

With all of this in mind… It is plain as day that u/EricThrow3976 should be paying for replacing the babysitter's glasses. It doesn't matter whether or not it was an accident on the part of your daughter. One of your children broke them when she was working for you. You're responsible. If I'm the babysitter's parent, I'm coming over and getting that money from you, be it in cash in hand or small claims court.

After you're done passing judgment here… Check out this mother who allowed her boyfriend to punish her teenage son when he wanted to go to his job instead of babysitting the boyfriend's children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment