Thursday, February 17, 2022

Boss Demands Note After Pregnant Woman Misses One Day, Doctor Writes Note For Two Weeks


Redditor u/NeekaNou shared this story recently to r/MaliciousCompliance. 

u/NeekaNou has been facing some backlash from her employer surrounding the effects of her pregnancy. They seem to be less-than-thrilled with her entirely valid reasons for having to miss some days of work. 

On top of this, u/NeekaNou has a permanent disability. A disability that she has been receiving government support for. This disability also affects her pregnancy, and she needs to ensure that the disability does not impact the pregnancy through some special treatment. 

When u/NeekaNou missed a day of work, amidst escalating hostility, she returned to find her employer demanding that she get a note from her doctor excusing the absence. u/NeekaNou returned for the note and her doctor took pity on her. She instead gave u/NeekaNou two weeks off which sent the employer into a fury.

u/NeekaNou provided an edit regarding her bosses reaction:



"Edit: for those who believe she may be concerned for my health. For the last few months, my work environment has been gradually becoming more and more hostile. A specific example is where she ripped me to pieces for not completing a piece of work that wasn't even due yet. I manage my workload based on due dates. It was not due for another week and I had not been given any notice that the due date had changed. At this point, it has become a regular occurrence where I'm sitting at my computer crying. She may have been concerned for me but I find that difficult to believe with how I've been treated the last few months.

It's pretty clear to me that the employer is not concerned for her health. Everything about this screams abuse of power. 

___

For more terrible bosses… Check out this boss who made his employee work during his lunch but wouldn't let him eat during work hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment