Saturday, January 1, 2022

Mom Confiscates Son's Gameboy as Punishment and Hides it.... For 18 Years


I feel like every family must have a story like this. If I had had it my way I would have been glued to my gameboy 24/7 when I was a wee lad. Obviously that made it a very suitable target for punishment when my grades slipped or I otherwise acted out. 

Mom would take my Gameboy and hide it away in a cupboard or up on top of the fridge. I was able to reach this easily and would sneak it down for a few minutes of game time when she was distracted. The arms race evolved and Mom started hiding it in places I wouldn't guess rather than couldn't reach, as this mother did. This inevitably led to some occasions where Mom couldn't remember where she had put it. 18 years, however, is a whole new length of time.

As far as parenting goes, there's a whole lot of crazy stuff that people do. This is definitely more tame and harmless (although possibly still traumatising) than other parenting gaffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment