Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Cheapskate Tries to Renegotiate Price of Goods on Pickup, Ends Up Paying More


Just, don't try to renegotiate the price of a used good sale on pickup. It has to be the most infuriating thing. 

I'm a big cyclist and generally have more parts lying around than I know what to do with. Back when I was working at a bike shop I had some tires for sale on Facebook marketplace. I put them up at a great price and got tons of messages. The same as OP I just went with the first message because first come first serve.

The guy comes to collect the tires, recognizes me from the shop, and immediately starts trying to renegotiate the price "since I got them at a discount". He ended up going home without tires and the second person who messaged got a good deal.  

Props to u/snsgrg for not putting up with this guy's BS and getting more money out of him in the end.

____

For more revenge, check out this guy who nuked his entire catalog of work years after being fired from his job.

No comments:

Post a Comment