Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Worst Valentine's Day Gifts People Received


Valentine's Day rolls around once a year to either throw the world's hopeful romantics into a lustful frenzy full of promise and loving gifts and positive energy, or it can push other folks into a misery-drenched state of loneliness unlike anything they normally experience on a daily basis. It's a highly commercialized "holiday." Many people end up digging deep into their bank accounts, and dishing out the big bucks on fancy meals that would otherwise never be considered. Obviously, this year's a bit of a curveball for everyone. Like, can you even get into a restaurant in the first place? And if you decide to go that route for the Valentine's Day date, is it really something that you're comfortable with considering the circumstances of this tumultuous time? Outside of that though, the process that can go into trying to get your special someone a meaningful gift can be a nerve-wracking one, riddled by self doubt. All this pressure can build up over whether or not you're actually getting something that they'll appreciate, or if you're just unknowingly digging yourself a deep hole because you failed to get them something that reflects how well you know them, and how much they mean to you.

Maybe, there's all this momentum around Valentine's Day because of the sea of sappy Rom Coms we have available at our disposal. Romantic movies can end up contributing toward this overriding narrative that you need someone to be happy, and if you end up with that special someone, you're obligated to provide them gifts on Valentine's Day. Who knows? To each their own. Everyone will naturally do it a little different.

With respect to this AskReddit thread though, we have people sharing the very worst of the Valentine's Day gifts that they've ever received. Can you imagine just being in the same room as someone who was receiving one of these gifts? The amount of awkward silence that must've ensued after some of these gift exchanges, must've been palpable. I mean, hey, you live and you learn. Sometimes you end up fully committing to a gift for your partner that you've deluded yourself into thinking they'll like, and not completely loathe. 

We can all fall prey to bouts of well intentioned confusion. If you're lucky you'll be able to get away with a wipeout on a Valentine's Day gift by riding the "it's the thought that counts" wave. Because at the end of the day, it really is. If you have an agreement with your partner where you guys are game with giving each other Valentine's Day gifts, then it's really up to the both of you to not be too critical of one another when the gift exchange part of the process rolls around. Or, maybe the silly banter and roasting of each other is one of the funnest parts of the whole situation. All in all, we hope that these Valentine's Day gift fails make you feel a little bit better about any unfortunate moments you've experienced on Valentine's Day.

1.

Rectangle - wacht · 3y Once I ordered my girlfriend flowers that didn't arrive (or were stolen from the porch), so I gave her the delivery confirmation instead. It was not as funny as I thought it would be. 22.9k ...

2.

Rectangle - AMontyPython • 3y I bought an ex gf one of every Valentine's Day gift; bear, candy, lingerie, wine, balloons, all of it. She got me a turtle that sings "Can't Hurry Love". Took me a while to get that hint. 7.4k ...

3.

Facial expression - AMontyPython • 3y I bought an ex gf one of every Valentine's Day gift; bear, candy, lingerie, wine, balloons, all of it. She got me a turtle that sings "Can't Hurry Love". Took me a while to get that hint. 7.4k ...

4.

Human body - getmegged24 · 3y 1 Award A bowl of those stringy things on bananas 18.0k

5.

Font - prOfoak · 3y This wasn't a valentines day gift but it's a pretty great example of a gift gone wrong: A friend of mine had been in a relationship with this girl for a few months when she went to work a summer job in British Columbia (we live in Ontario so this is the other side of the continent). He is a pretty messy guy and doesn't always think things through. His girlfriend is really into fresh produce so he thought it would be nice to send her some as a little surprise. So he went to th

6.

Rectangle - BosqueBravo • 3y A scrapbook containing "all your happiest memories together," that when you open it turns out to be blank. 3.8k ...

7.

Font - Weisskopf · 3y My (then) girlfriend and I met at a Wendy's, which was being torn down for remodeling. My bright idea was to have dinner, a movie, and then swing by the wreckage and take a brick to remind us of the fast food chain that meant so much to us. Yikes. Bonus! I locked us out of my car and my mother had to come unlock it for us! + 2.2k ...

8.

Font - 2 Awards Girl I started dating a couple of months before Valentine's Day just got out of a long term relationship with her high school sweetheart. I didn't know she was still in contact with him when we were dating. She handed me a cute little bag with candy and a card. As I opened the card and read her pouring out her soul to her ex boyfriend about how much she still thinks about him and loves him. Evidently she made two gift bags. One for me and one for the ex and mixed them up. Thanks

9.

Facial expression - RealAnthonyCamp · 3y I bought my wife a microwave for our first Valentine's day back in 2005...she had just moved into her new place and needed a microwave...not sure why everyone didn't see how thoughtful I was being

10.

Font - crackersandcheesies • 3y A regift. My sixth-grade boyfriend* gave me a jellybean-filled plastic teddy bear with a little balloon attached to it, which I later discovered had been given to him by a girl in another class who had a crush on him. *this was the 90s so sixth-grade boyfriend meant holding hands and kissing sometimes. 268 ...

11.

Font - RedEyeCodeBlue · 3y My ex gave me a stuffed dog teddy bear, which I thought was strange because I am 100% a cat person. There was a little card pinned to its ear which had been signed "Love Sara". He regifted an old vday gift... 523 ...

12.

Rectangle - ChinNeck · 3y Gave my ex an old necklace that was my mother's (not exactly a bad gift), she ended up throwing it in a canal as we broke up shortly afterwards. 941 ...

13.

Rectangle - MRtokeALOT420 · 3y Pressuring your SO with a public engagement announcement during a valentines dinner. Cute in movies not a comfortable position in reality. 126 •..

14.

Font - raffagapro · 3y Last Valentines, MY gf found a sweater that my ex left a long time ago in my closet. I didn´t have the heart to tell her it was from my ex, so I said I had bought it for her for Valentines. She was so suprised and happy, and she absolutly loves the sweater, she wears it all the time... 1 4.1k ...

15.

Font - woodzy87 · 3y 1 Award I saved a patatoe in the freezer that was the perfect shape of a heart. I put it in there in June for February. When I got it out and proudly gave it to my wife it literally turned black and started leaking juices in front of her. In theory it was cute in practice it was like a death threat.

16. Check out more fails and memes over here!

Font - FAILBlog Follow us on O Instagram

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment