Thursday, September 17, 2020

Shady Boss Lies About Coworkers, Gets Fired


Good for them for taking the cleanliness of the environment seriously! It's a wonder that people that pull these kinds of scams think that they'll be able to continue in their shady ways. Fortunately, this boss was rightfully handled. 

1.

Text - r/ProRevenge u/Dachshundsandwhisky • 14h + Join Shady boss lies about me to coworkers, I have her fired and in dept for several years after. First up, the obligatory on mobile warning, English is not my first language etc. etc. I have been lurking around here fore quite some time, and wishing I had a good story for you, until suddenly I realized I do! This happened back in 2011/12 when I was the ripe old age of 19 years old. This is a long one, so do strap in.

2.

Text - I got a part time job at a fast food place specializing in subs, not subway, but very similar, when I was 17. It was located in the towns mall, and was fairly busy. It's a national chain where I'm from. When I started there the owner at the time was really nice, and she started that branch in my town. She was very strict on following all the cleaning requirements and took real pride in her shop. The way it was set up financially was that the franchise taker basically had to work from open

3.

Text - A year or so after I started, the owner decided she would move to a different part of the country and sell her branch and have someone else take over. That lucky individual was my co-worker who was three years older than me. (From now on Bosslady) She had worked there since it opened and was the natural choice to move up the ladder. Because she didn't have the money to pay for the share in the franchise, about $5k, and nobody else was willing to pay that and have to work their ass off for

4.

Text - Now, Bosslady had no idea how to run a mile, much less a business, and small things started happening quite soon after she took over. I would normally work there after school, by myself, but she would often hang around the mall when she had finished work. Bosslady always complained about how little money she made, and would often come by when me or the other part timers were working and tell us to give her $20-100 right out of the register. Considering total daily sales never reached more

5.

Text - I was friends with Bosslady and we would hang out and often hung out on the weekends, and we worked saturdays together. Which ment we would go out on Friday nights, get shit faced and work the next day hung over. Oh to be young. I would only go out during the weekends and never missed a day of work no matter how hung over I was, and saturdays were the only days I would be hung over. Besides school and work, I was in a dance company, and had dance classes everyday, mostly after 7pm, but a

6.

Text - Every night we would count the register, leave $100 dollars in change and small bills for the next day, and deposit the rest in a safe at the mall. I'm not entirely sure, because it's been a long time, but I do believe Bosslady would tell us to take the difference out of the $100 for the register, somehow believing the money would magically show up the next day. After a while we started having problems with the distributers, we were not allowed to order on credit, and had to go to the ban

7.

Text - Then one lovely Tuesday while I was at school, one of the other part timers asked me to cover her shift, to which I said I wasn't able to because not only did I have back-to-back dance classes I also had a paper to write for school. Later that night I get a text from the girl saying "if you were hung over you could have just said so, you don't have to lie.." and I'm like "excuse me? I don't drink on school nights, and there's no way I would have had the time to do so last night with dance

8.

Text - Que the revenge: One day out of the blue, during summer, Bosslady declared she was going to go on a last minute, two week vacation to the states, and told me to take care of the shop while she was gone. I said fine, but would like more notice next time. I also asked her how she paid for it, considering she wasn't able to take out any salary from the shop, and she just said "oh, I had some savings". I just thought "Hmm, that's weird considering you actually don't make money", but didn't sa

9.

Text - HQguy: “No, she did not indulge that information. But maybe you can help me. Do you know what happened to all the cash deposits from the past few months?" Me: "Yeah, they're in one of the cabinets here. Bosslady told us not to deposit them, she even yelled at me when I was about to, because I felt really uncomfortable knowing we had what must have been more than $15k lying around in the shop, and gave me an excuse about having to look them over" HQguy: “Are you serious?!" Me: "Sure am. Wh

10.

Text - Me: "Sure, no problem. I will look over all the cash bags to see how much there actually is and make sure they're all there and deposit them ASAP" and we hung up. I called the old owner and told her what was up, and she sounded really surprised and was there within ten minutes. Together we quickly looked over all the cash, but didn't count it. They where in these little pouches that had a form on the front where you filled in how many of each bill and coin was in it, so we figured the rig

11.

Text - The old owner started asking me if we kept up with the cleaning requirements, and I answered truthfully that Bosslady never told us to do any of the time consuming stuff, like the ice-cube machine, saying that we would have to do that after closing and she didn't have the money to pay us for the extra hours, so she said would do it on the weekends herself. Old owner just shrugged and told me she had to leave. Since I was all alone in the shop and it was fairly quiet, I started looking aro

12.

Text - I have never cleaned that much in my life. I scrubbed everything. I pulled all the refrigerators out and scrubbed thoroughly behind everything. What took the longest was the ice cube machine. I wasn't done until 11 pm that night. Being the petty bitch I am, and being pissed Bosslady went on vacation with the shop in the state it was, I took pictures of everything before I started cleaning and sent them all to the food safety agency, telling them that nothing had been cleaned for over a ye

13.

Text - The next day I called the old owner and all the part timers asking them to meet at my place saying we needed a staff meeting without Bosslady and now was the chance. They all came and we started talking, telling me what Bosslady had done when they were working together and other things they had observed her doing. I took notes, and later that night I wrote a seven(!!) page document listing all the things we knew she did wrong, and how we suspected she was stealing money from the shop etc.

14.

Text - HQguy called me a few days later thanking me for notifying him about all the things she was doing, and told me that when the cash was registered the amount listed on the form and the amount in the pouches wasn't the same, and asked me if I knew where it had gone. A light went off, and I realized the "savings" Bosslady had used to pay for her trip was actually money she had taken from the pouches, and that's why she wouldn't let us seal them. I told him as much and he said he would dig a l

15.

Text - Over the next few days I was seething with excitement to find out what happened. When she came back she tried to play it cool and said "I've decided to quit. I feel like doing something different, so l'm just working until the end of the month, and then I'm leaving", and I just acted sorry and oblivious. I knew the old owner was kept in the loop by HQ, and she told me what really happened. Bosslady had met with HQ who had questioned her about the missing money and lack of cleaning etc. (t

16.

Text - I kept working there for a few more months, but quit because i found a job that paid more. Word spread about what Bosslady had done, so she really struggled to find a new job to pay what she owed, since no one trusted her. She eventually did, but had to pay them back for several years later. We did not keep in touch. Guess she shouldn't have lied about me to my coworkers. And I'm all out of breath

17.

Text - TL;DR: shady boss lies to my coworkers about me being too hungover to cover their shifts, I tell HQ about all the shady stuff she's doing and she loses her job and has to pay them back the money she stole for several years, and lost her good reputation. 3.0k 126 1 Share

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment