Saturday, August 1, 2020

Horrible Boss Tells Most Valuable Employee to Quit, Instantly Regrets It


This boss thought they could get a single employee to do both of their jobs and expect to not get paid for it, told em to quit, and then realized that they might need them. The boss even went so far as to try to pretend that they just hadn't fired them. Horrible bosses have a tendency to pile responsibility onto employees they don't expect to pay, and in some glorious cases, an ungrateful psycho boss gets instant karma.

1.

Text - r/MaliciousCompliance - Posted by u/cranky_throw_away 17 hours ago "Fine then just quit!" Okay! oc M So when I was freshly out of high school I hadnt decided on what I wanted to do with my life, so I got a job at a pizza place near where I lived. I've always been the type of person who would rather work than sit at home and I didn't/don't have a ton of friends to hang out with.

2.

Text - They started out having me just making the food deliveries once or twice a week, but that quickly turned into them calling me in daily about an hour after they opened because the managers/owners didn't want to make the deliveries and they were the only ones working front of house. Like I mentioned previously, I didn't mind coming in to work and would always say that it wasn't a problem. About two weeks into me working at the pizza shop the owners INSISTED that I learn register because the

3.

Text - Every once in awhile the owners would say they want to make me a manager so they can leave whenever they want. Great, I thought. As time went on I would work anywhere between 60-80 hours PER WEEK because other employees would call out or not show, and the owners didn't want to stick around to deal with it. They even trusted me to hire a server, and a delivery driver/cashier. About 8 months into working there, running myself ragged for them and never getting so much as a thank you for ever

4.

Text - Alright, that's how you want to play it? Then consider it done. For the next 2 weeks I didn't do anything aside from what they hired me to do, make deliveries and only on my scheduled days. This went on for about two days and really upset the owners because now at least one of them had to be there at all times to make sure everything else was getting done. Eventually boss 1 called me into his back office to "talk". Boss 1: Cranky what has gotten into you?! Me: What do you mean? Boss 1: Yo

5.

Text - be acting like one, so I stopped. Boss 1: Stop being a child Cranky, you know your responsibilities here and you need to do your job! Me: I AM doing my job, and only my job. If you want to make me a manager I'll be happy to do those things. Boss 1: You really think I'm going to make you a manager after this! Me: If I'm not a manager then I won't do a managers job. Boss 1: Fine then just quit. You need to get over yourself. Me: Okay, I quit. As of right now I'm done. Boss 1: FINE! So, I le

6.

Text - So, I left. I was scheduled to work all week which meant that they were out of basically a manager. I ended up getting a call the following afternoon from boss 1 demanding to know why I was so late for work, but I just reminded him that I no longer worked there. Now, I was and still am very close friends with some old coworkers and heard all the drama as it unfolded. Turns out most of the employees ended up refusing to work because the owners had to be there full time now and they were aw

Submitted by:

Tagged: boss , employee , lol , dumb , idiots , company , regret , stupid , win

No comments:

Post a Comment