Thursday, August 27, 2020

Entitled Employee Makes Mistake, Won't Own Up To It


Nothing wastes more time and emotional energy than an entitled and toxic piece of work that refuses to own up to their mistakes. Take this employee; they had quite the fail, and decided they'd approach their mistake with stubborn denial and a whole lot of attitude. Well, that certainly didn't work out for them. 

1.

Text - r/IDOWORKHERELADY + Join u/roktol • 62d 1 I was the Boss's son, had an entitled employee on my crew make a mistake. Super long so apologies Edit: Thanks for gold. No idea what reddit premium even does. But thanks. A little background. My father owns a telecommunications repair company and before that he worked in the industry for years and since I hated daycare I spent every summer helping him and learning to weld, rig cellphone tower antennaes, shit like that. By the time I was 19 and dr

2.

Text - Well he got a huge contract and hired five brand new guys with myself and another veteran thats been working for him for years as crew leads to run all the repair projects. I end up with this massive dbag who got fired from multiple different physical therapy clinics and is now 40 and unhireable by any other industry, but he has a massive superiority complex cause he has a bachelors and that somehow makes him better than tradesmen. On to the story. Me: Me, CL: The other crew lead, DB: dou

3.

Text - We are on the first site on the first day of a job for a major client taking down old antennaes and putting up new ones. CL and I drive up to the site after morning meetings at the hotel with my dad and the client over Skype and we've brought lunch for everyone. CL realizes that he forgot his hard hat at the hotel and tells me he'll be back in half an hour. No big deal, its a simple job that I've done before with my dad. I drop the sandwiches in the refrigerated server room and go over to

4.

Text - DB: They're fine Me: No they're definitely backwards DB: They're fucking fine. Go the fuck away bootlicker. (Guess that was his derogatory for me being the boss's kid) Me: No, they're backwards and by the time it gets up there the winch is gonna slip and that antenna is gonna drop. Bring it back down and fix it. DB: I don't have to do shit for someone who's half my age and couldn't make it through a year of college. Only reason you're here is you're daddy's kid and can't make it in the re

5.

Text - Right as he finishes the sentence I hear the winch crack so I grab DB and run both of us into the server shelter (smashing all the sandwiches in the process) while the winch flies out of the hitch mount and the antenna drops like a rock onto the truck, carving straight through the cab and into the ground underneath. Me: Ah fuck, so you can't rig right and don't have the common sense to put the pin in to secure the winch to the truck? DB: There's no way that was my fault Me: Not only is it

6.

Text - I spent the rest of the day calling OSHA, my dad, our insurance, and my mother (our accountant) to make sure that all the right reports get filed and our asses are covered on all bases. I'm assuring the other crew guys their paychecks aren't going to be affected and that l'll get them more sandwiches. After the end of day reports are finished my dad calls me up and tells me to fire DB for negligence. So I go up to him. Me: Hey. You're being let go. Sorry, but this incident is just somethi

7.

Text - We drive three hours, interrupt my family's dinner, and then sit there smugly on the couch in my dads home office while he literally screams at this guy about costing him 100OK and maybe a lost contract and basically tells the guy he's filing a civil suit for negligence since I specifically came and told him he was doing something incorrectly. DB: What the fuck does he know. He's just a kid. Dad: I taught him how to rig a winch when he was eight and he did it right. You're a 40 year old m

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment