Thursday, May 28, 2020

Mom Thinks Sleep Paralysis is Literally Satan


For those not in the know, sleep paralysis is a pretty common phenomenon that's found all across the globe. You find yourself sort of in between being asleep and being awake, like you're conscious, but you can't move or speak. An episode of sleep paralysis can be accompanied by hallucinations that look like a face or figure, and that's commonly referred to as a demon or a visitor. It's pretty god damn scary. Anyway, this person told their mom and it backfired. People mess up, and sometimes that screw up is in their control. Here's a guy who thought a date was a job interview.

1.

Text - Posted by u/megs_wags 13 hours ago 2 TIFU by showing my mom a drawing of my sleep paralysis visitor I get sleep paralysis. I have for the past few years off and on. Usually every couple of months I'll get a sleep paralysis dream. I've talked to my parents about it before. The fuck up is not that they know. The fuck up is that I decided to try drawing what I saw over my bed last night. And then sent a picture to my mom.

2.

Text - Now, my parents are hella catholic. Like, homeschooled for 6 years and went to church every day catholic. Like, when things go bad in life my dad wholeheartedly believes it's the devil actively attacking us so we lose our faith. Which explains their reaction when I showed them this picture

3.

Drawing

4.

Text - Cue the panicked phone call from my parents who now believe the devil visits me in my sleep. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with them trying to find a bible or a rosary so my mom could sleep without worrying my soul would be stolen. They want me to talk to a priest and get my house blessed and use holy water every time I enter. The next time I visit them, I may end up in an impromptu exorcism. Wish me luck. TL;DR my mom thinks the devil visits me at night

5.

Text - bob_apathy 3.3k points · 13 hours ago Sleep paralysis sucks! My visitor tends to be an old witch crouching on my chest while other times it's just a presence in the room. I always wake myself up trying to scream in my sleep with my heart racing and adrenaline coursing through me. It makes falling back asleep difficult. Thankfully it doesn't happen as often now as it used to and I've learned some breathing techniques to help me relax after an episode.

6.

Text - FastWalkingShortGuy 6.3k points · 12 hours ago I had sleep paralysis once. Just once. You know what my demon was? Fucking Woody from Toy Story. I have never been terrified and amused at the same time before. But that time, I was.

Submitted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment